Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

Gambl0r posted:

I just posted this in the 'Goon Rooms!' thread in GBS and thought I would put it here too.

This is my home theater / living room:

The equipment is hard to see, but I currently have:
A Sanyo Z5 LCD projector,
JBL E90 fronts,
JBL S-CenterII,
SVS PB10 Sub,
Craptastic JBL receiver + surrounds left over from my original 5-year-old HTIAB
Toshiba A2 HD-DVD player,
Nintendo Wii

You've tickled my curisosity. I like what I see, but could you post another angle of your room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

Huge_Midget posted:

Pioneer Plasma and JBL Center

Does the power outlet tuck in behind the TV or is it always hanging out like that? Everything looks really nice, but that outlet being visible would annoy the poo poo out of me what with having everything nicely run through the walls and concealed.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I'm moving my TV/Media area into a large, unused bedroom. Currently, my TV is mounted at, what I consider, a pefect height. (It's a 40"LCD, and the top of the TV is roughly 52" from the ground, so I think the center is 40"). It works great for where I have my couches positioned (height and distance from TV).

In my new set up, the couches will be slightly closer to the TV (8-9feet), so I will adjust the measurements accordingly, and most likely mount the TV after the couches are moved into place. However, I'm also considering upgrading to a 50" plasma.

If my TV mount is perfect with a 40", will it also work for a 50" or will it need to be adjusted (raised). I ask because I'm still on the fence about the upgrade and didn't want to have to remount my TV if I do.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I'm glad I can finally contribute to this page after building a little generic media unit and upgrading my TV.

P1000928 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

P1000927 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

Fronts: Paradigm Titans (old school ones before they got upgraded to the Monitor line)
Center: Equivelant Paradigm center
Rears: Paradigm Titans
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5760
TV: LG 50PV450
Components:

PS3
Xbox360
Some Telus Cisco cable box
Random router