Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Many of you have very beautiful setups that make me want to spend my precious money.

Mines very modest. I recently mounted my tv, which makes me want to go bigger now :( Either way, im very happy with the results.

My job leaves me with very little time to tinker, so my wires are still a hot mess. I had the onkyo setup as 3.1 for the first few weeks.

TV: 32" 720p Vizio
Audio: Onkyo HTS5200
Compnents: Ps3 + Pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Got the new thin lg plasma, and finally mounted my speakers, and tacked/managed my wires.

After some reconsideration, thinking maybe my front r/l are too high. Especially since all my satellites are at ear level

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i live in a bathroom ok

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

I no longer live in a bathroom!

lg 50pj350 plasma
klipsch synergy fronts
onkyo hts5200
ps3

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I sit far enough back, and have a tilt mount. I watched back to back seasons of breaking bad on it one weekend and didnt notice any discomfort. :)

Nice system jonathan, I've taken the grills off mine since I took the photo. Its growing on me. What tv you planning on upgrading to?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Omegaslast posted:

So many tvs wall mounted at 4-6 feet off the ground.. i feel sorry for your guests :(

Legdiian posted:

Or 8 feet. Holy poo poo that hurts my neck just looking at the picture.

Barry posted:

Seriously! That looks like sitting at the front row of the movies.

Very helpful posts. Get out.

Wall mounting it like that at an angle actually drastically reduces glare in that environment. Also if you would be so kind as to specify where he should better mount it we could all benefit from such knowledge.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, come on now. :rolleyes:

Admittedly, I thought when installing that being level with the doorway would be more pleasing overall. I can drop the tv around 9" without exposing the current mount holes.

However, I do feel you're blowing the issue of out proportion. Its not even remotely uncomfortable to watch. (mostly because i exceed the optimal viewing distance)

Assuming the grey paint in your room is ~80" tall, this looks to be fairly accurate.

Crazy what a difference 61 makes vs 50.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Just finished my overhaul which included relocating all my components, and lowering of the tv.

Putting the sub by the couch, and having everything at ear level made a night and day difference

Click here for the full 1596x266 image.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i see a harmony in your future

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Decided to make a mini theater in our bedroom.

Pretty basic setup, but its clean and everything works great.

Panasonic 55st50.
htpc/nas/steambox.
Ps3
Onkyo receiver
Monoprice IR repeater and slim mount
Ebay Led backlight
Klipsch Synergy B20s and C20 Center
Speaker stands off amazon.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You're worried about burn in on a plasma in 2013? Sounds like a personal problem to me.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

gmcsonoma posted:

Nah, they're vinyl superheroes and whatnot. I got my girlfriend a Wall-e and Eve for her birthday last year and they kept multiplying.

I wish I had a before picture of the orange shag carpet and brown wainscoting.

Does your fire place work?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The white forums aren't ready for you knuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

visuvius posted:

Dude I considered that but I don't even know how the gently caress it would work. I bet there are all sorts of barriers and poo poo in that fireplace that would keep cables from being neatly run.

My fireplace is all self contained well inside the drywall etc surrounding it, so it's not really any trouble.