Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!

Juriko posted:

I don't think it looks odd at all when done right. Wall mounting over a stand lets you squeeze out a bit more space under the TV. The real key is using a stand that isnt to tall, and mounting the TV in a way that doesn't make it look like it is floating way above the stand.

That's what I did for mine, my center channel sits on top of my cabinet with my TV wall mounted above it just enough to let the center block the view of the cables. Ended up looking really nice, here's an over saturated iPhone pic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!

breasts own posted:

I'd like to ceiling mount the projector but my apartments won't let me :(

Just do it and clean it up before you leave. Literally every place I've rented has had some clause about not mounting things on the wall. Literally every place I've rented I've mounted stuff, drilled holes, etc. As long as you leave it looking the same after you leave (putty in the holes, repaint with touchup paint you got color matched at the hardware store) no rental place will care.

I'd also rerun the speaker cables, looks like they're for the left rear and surround? Just run them to the right along the side with the window/door and then cross the gap to the couch and then under the couch to the left side. Much lower exposure without having to lift the carpet.

In fact, if it were me, I'd move everything to behind the couch and start from there, the point is to try and minimize the visual clutter, it's distracting. You have all of the parts, it just doesn't look like it's put together very well is all.

Fatal fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 19, 2012