Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

My bedroom.. Kind of underwhelming

Surprise surprise, a thief lives in a jail cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

visuvius posted:

Thought I'd post some pics of my setup and hopefully get some advice on where to put my equipment. We recently renovated our condo and added a small loft. Adding the loft got rid of the pony wall against which I had my receiver and cable box in a cabinet.

My setup isn't really ideal but I had to work with the space I had. The TV has to go over the fireplace, there really is no other good spot. The reef tank is bright but by the time we are watching TV it starts to dim and really doesn't bother us that much. The real problem is speaker placement. My fronts and center had to be mounted above the fireplace. We tried to see if we could fit them under the TV but there was way too much cutting of studs and poo poo involved so I settled on placing them above. The rears are ceiling mounted at a pretty good angle. 6.5" dual woofer speakers for the fronts and center and 8 inch speakers for the rears. They are all monoprice brand. I did quite a bit of research and ultimately determined I didn't want to spend that much on speakers I wasn't even sure I'd be able to mount properly. The thread on AVS about the speakers is pretty huge and they are generally praised. I'm satisfied with them though in hindsight I should have read this thread. I would have possibly picked up the Aperion in walls with possibly the Marantz receiver.

Sub is sitting to the right of the far couch. Its a large Infinity powered sub that came with a 5.1 setup.

So besides my fronts being mounted too high which I can't do much about anyway, my only real problem is where to put my receiver, cable box, Fire, router and modem. Again, the only real spot is this little nook to the left of the fireplace.

I don't want a cabinet or anything too tall because it will impede the path to the loft. Whatever it is will have to be low to the ground but still allow enough space to conceal all the wires and two power strips. I was considering floating shelves but there is no stud behind that drywall at that spot. I might try some nice anchors or something. But still, even if I use floating shelves there will still be a lot of power cords to hide. What I'm thinking about doing is buying a decent sized wicker basket and then cutting one or possibly two of the sides off of that and flipping it upside down over the whole thing. Ideas would be appreciated.

Fancy human being gaming.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Time to bring the true theatre experience of distracting cellphone lights home.