Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Finally found a good tv stand, so here's some pics of my upstairs loft/movie room

Vizio 50" Plasma
Onkyo HT-R510 Receiver
Audiosource speakers
360 + HD DVD Player
HD Cable Box

Next addition will be dual format HTPC, hopefully by xmas time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

TyroneShoes posted:

Since I just moved, here's my temporary setup

Will be mounting TV on wall and hooking up my adcom amps after I finish painting.

Please tell me what those shelves are! I'm running out of room on what I got now and that looks like a sweet setup and expandable.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Updated added new stuff to mine

Vizio 50" plasma
Onkyo 5.1 receiver
HTPC
3 500 gig external drives for media
HD Cable box
360 HD Drive
Audio Source satellite speakers (These are next on the upgrade list)

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Thoogsby posted:

Not trying to sound smug but I'm very curious as to what you would need 1500 gigs of space for. Christ that's a lot.

Movies, high def and standard def.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

fliegenfischen posted:

wow. and here i was thinking i was the only person who finds that living room arrangement hideous.

I wasn't gonna say anything but since everyone else is, that is the most hideous living room I've ever seen.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Overture posted:

I've seen many TV stands similar to the one in this shot throughout the thread (the bottom half of it). I'm looking for something to hold my 40" LCD I just ordered, and am looking for something similar. Anything that meets the following criteria would be great:

- Black / Black and Silver / Dark Wood
- As minimalistic as possible, 1 - 2 shelves only
- Open back (for 360 and such)
- Not going to break my bank

Where is everyone getting their TV stands?

I paid $200 from American Signature Furniture for my shelf.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

King Nothing posted:

This is why I got the 880, one of my coworkers has a model without rechargeable batteries and he says he has to change batteries once a week. I guess if you already have rechargeable batteries it's not too big a deal, but I don't so an integrated system was worth it to me.

I've had the 550 for close to 2 months now, I use it just about everyday and have yet had to change the batteries on it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I gotta question, my tv, 50" plasma, currenty sits against a plain white wall. Are there any better colors to paint that back wall than just plain white?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The Dave posted:

Don't paint your room based on your tv.

(Personally I like dark red for living rooms).

Dark red is one of the colors I was thinking about. The reason I'm painting around the TV, is the room the TV is in is strictly for movie watching and video game playing, it's my home theater/game room if you will.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Belldandy posted:

Can someone recommend a store that has good HDTV stands that is not Ikea?

I'm looking for something open and "minimal", like this:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p11146/index.cfm?pkey=cmedia%2Dstands%2Dflat%2Dscreen%2Ddisplay

But ideally I would like to have a back that I can mount the LCD on.

Check out https://www.tvstands.com . I just bought this stand

http://www.tvstands.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=QB1345

which is currently sitting at my front door waiting for me to get home from work. It's not exactly what you wanted, but they have all kinds of stands there.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Recently updated my setup and got everything set the way I think it should be.

The HTPC is running media portal and has my 360 hd-dvd drive and a sony blu-ray drive hooked up to it.

Still need to hang that poster and buy another one for the other side.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

iluvpr0n posted:

Looks great - I really like the TV stand. Mind sharing where you got it, or its brand/etc? I've got 2 consoles, an HTPC (very similar to your case - I've got an Antec Veris Fusion), a receiver, and a center channel speaker that I'd like to fit in my tv stand and it doesn't quite work at the moment.

Got it at a furniture store called American Signature furniture, here it is on their website

http://www.asfurniture.com/webapp/w...ryId=4294967184

Decently priced and very well made. Very sturdy and pretty dam heavy.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Esk1 posted:

you can hook up your 360 hd-dvd player and it will work through MP? I am running xbmc with media stream on my htpc and would be interested in doing this because my 360 is in another room that isnt very movie-friendly.

Yes and no. The 360 hooks up to XP just fine, xp even recognizes exactly what it is. I'm using arcsoft totalmedia theatre as my blu-ray/hd-dvd player though since it supports both blu-ray and hd-dvd disks. Media portal doesn't have the built in ability to play the disks so you need an external player.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

THIS!

this is what I've been looking for in a TV stand. I recently moved to a new apartment and I can't mount my poo poo up on the wall and/or run any cables in the drywall. All the TV/Media centers at Ikea look like crap to me and are way overpriced/not efficient enough for me. Where did you get it?

*edit: For everyone else who aren't in the industry, Middle Atlantic is a company that sells equipment rack enclosures. One of thier smaller wood racks would spruce up an entertainment center greatly in my honest opinion, and in some ways it helps with cable management.

http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/main.htm

Someone asked on the last page.

Got it at a furniture store called American Signature furniture, here it is on their website

http://www.asfurniture.com/webapp/w...ryId=4294967184

Decently priced and very well made. Very sturdy and pretty dam heavy.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

ugh.. do you know if American Signature Furniture delivers? because I can't seem to even get a store location up on their website, Let alone try to checkout/buy online.

When you buy instore they deliver. Not sure about buying over the web.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Well I made some changes, I went from this mess:

To this:

Aurora pro bass shakers

DIY speaker kits from Parts Express. I got left right and center channels. Center is hiding behind the cloth under the screen.

Unfortunately our dinner table for the kids is in the room since their play room took up the dining area.

Is there a write up for those speakers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Photex posted:

Just recently put the finishing touches on my basement office/home theater

went with a Polk 3.1 setup as I don't really have any space or place to mount rears speakers, was going to actually get a screen for this but the BenQ wall color match gets you VERY close and has plenty of advanced color options to further fine tune.

I see someone else has the MLB-LED Scoreboard :) How big is that LED matrix you're running?

Too bad it's looking like we won't get to use it this year :(