Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Truman Sticks posted:

I'm looking for some suggestions to improve my living room set-up. Currently it looks like this...

I need a way to consolidate the clutter; I don't like having the speaker bar sitting just in front of (blocking, actually) the sub-woofer. The Kinect actually blocks the TV's IR receiver where it's currently sitting. I want to move the table that the 360 sits on back to its rightful place next to the couches, and the old computer desk that the PS3 is on is going in a dumpster soon. I'm a little paranoid about either system overheating, so that's why they're not inside of the TV stand I have now (my modem is the only thing in there at the moment).

I included a picture of the space behind the TV because I was thinking of getting a wall mount, but wasn't sure how well it would work in a corner. The TV doesn't need to be moveable really, I just figured it would give me more room to place the speaker bar, sub-woofer, and properly-aerated game systems on a new entertainment system if I were to get one.

First off, never put a sub anywhere but on the ground near a wall. That must sound terrible... Other than that it basically just looks like you need a TV stand my man. Check out whatever furniture store. It would be easier if your TV wasn't in the corner, then you could get a wide stand and put your Xbox and PS3 on top of it. Also a wall mount is definitely an option, they make ones specifically for corners if you want to go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

The Dave posted:

I don't know, looks pretty bad. I think in that scenario I would get one of those brackets that lets you bring it out and down, so you can lower it when you're watching it.

I just had my living room remodeled and that's exactly what I'm planning to do. I've lived in this house for a year and only had a TV in the basement and bedroom. Above the fireplace is the only spot that works in the living room, but I'd rather not loving have a TV than crane my neck to watch. That being said they're like $600. So. Yeah. Anyone have a recommendation on a cheaper pull-down over-the-fireplace TV mount? :D

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

I almost used that color for my living room a month or two ago when we had it painted. Ended up going with a slightly lighter color (that I can't recall the name of) though. Matte grey walls with white trim looks rad.