Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
First of all, apologies for the crappy iPhone picture. Here's my new setup, which is pretty much done except for tidying poo poo up:

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

TV: Polaroid 32" LCD. Who knew Polaroid made TVs? I got this thing a couple of years ago for cheaps and I really want to replace it. Do they even still make HDTVs that can't display 1080p?
AV receiver: Denon AVR-1909. There's a major shortage of AV receivers in the UK right now. I wanted the Sony STR-DA2400ES but I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I eventually settled for this - which I had to get on eBay for Christ's sakes - but I'm pretty happy with it. Major pain in the rear end to set it up, though.
Speakers: Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 package. paint dry, why do you have a 5.1 system when you have no way to put the surrounds behind you? Shut up, I don't know. It sounds good to me, anyhow. In retrospect, maybe I should've just gone with stereo. Next time!
Other stuff: PS3, Sky Digital box. Cabinet was an emergency purchase from IKEA when I realised I couldn't attach the speakers to the wall without bringing it down.

Anyhow, you might have noticed that nothing in this setup is perfect! This is my first "serious" home cinema setup, but overall I'm happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU