Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

Modena posted:

Put it in the corner by the tv or the corner by the couch. An STF-2 is plenty of sub for your size room. You might also have phase issues. Try switching the phase to see if you are drowning out your sound.

Corner means loud and less precise bass.
He didn't specifically say that the bass is not loud enough.

But yeah if it is, stick in the corner.
If not, don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

OgreSound posted:

a fancy microphone I use for voice chat.

OgreSound posted:

drat close it is a Shure PG58

does not compute

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

3363 posted:

The photos were taken from a tripod high up, the actual line of sight from the chair is just a few degrees below center so I'm almost looking straight ahead. It's the best compromise between work area/entertainment center that I could think of with a college budget. Besides the two monitors the PC is connected to the projector by component cables and switching outputs is really easy now, so productivity and lazyness are just two clicks away from eachother. Teachers and sales reps alike told me this would be impossible to do but it's actually pretty convenient.

Moving everything to the center of the room improved the acoustics too, no more standing waves where I'm sitting.

Edit for below: Yup, that thing was free and a keeper until I graduate, priorities you know.

you are the first person who has the exact same rack 19" case as me, though i have a nice rack, and active monitors.

music gooonz :whatup:

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

Cold Old posted:

I came up with the design myself. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of science behind them other than searching for "speaker lot" on eBay and finding deals. I ended up getting the mids and tweeters from the same guy who was selling closeout lots from speaker manufactures.

The 8's in the towers and the 12's in the sub towers are Elemental Design's EHQS subs that they were closing out a year ago.

I figured with the line arrays, throw enough drivers at them and its has to sound good. So far, so good. My girlie is away this weekend so I've got some metal DVD's, a case of beer, and am breaking things in and tweaking, all at extreme volume levels. So far, so good. The low end craps out a lot quicker than the line arrays, but i figure I've got 3800 watts (per Behringer's specs, I bet is is a half or two thirds of that real world) going to the subs, and only 150 watts to the towers. They are not the best subs, so I'm throwing a lot of power at low-mid range sub drivers, so I'm getting some bottoming out when I turn it up. I guess I could lower the level on the bass processor, but what the hell fun is that. Plus, I'm getting some really bad room cancellation, but it's not like a single 10" sub that I can reposition around the room to find the best positioning. I think my next move is to build some bass traps to fart around with the placement

To answer the question above, its 32 tweeters (they are 4 ohm, so I wired them in series - parallel in a magical combination to make the final load 8 0hms), and 16 mids (8 ohm speakers, so the same magic as the tweets, divided by two), plus 2 8 inch woofers. I just used some stock 3 way crossovers from Parts express that matched the specs of the drivers. They are 7 feet tall.

di...did you not calculate the array..at a..all?
did you just buy 40+ drivers and put them in a cabinet?
haha holy poo poo you are insane