Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.
Video:
Vizio 42" Plasma 720P from Costco
Pelican System Selector Pro component video/digital audio switchbox

Audio:
Panasonic XR-55 digital amplifier
Klipsch RF-5 mains
Klipsch RC-3 center
Klipsch RS-25 surrounds

Sources:
PC connected via long-rear end DVI cable to HDMI port
Samsung Progressive Scan DVD Player
Pioneer CLD-D701 Laserdisc player
Sharp VHS deck
Xbox 360
Playstation 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

TehKrond posted:

Where'd you get that shelving? Looks a bit better than Ikea. I might be in the market for something very similar soon enough. That's a very attractive picture you've taken for some reason :)

I think this is it:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/601-7112455-2664937?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000GT0FPA

It doesn't say they have it in-store on the website, but they do have it in-store in at least two of the Targets around where I live.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Akvj1n posted:

Haha, but speakers would be so much nicer :3:

Any tips for cable management? I'm not messy, just don't know how to deal with them.

You can get a 50-pack of velcro fasteners (like zip ties, but reusable!) at Home Depot for a few bucks. That's a good start :P

Wrap power cables in one bundle, A/V source cables in another.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

butterthatbacon posted:

Nah, it's got all the basic stuff you'd expect. I love this thing, cost me a whopping 35 bucks. (Technics SA-EX140 for the curious)

I got the same receiver on Craigslist for the same price for my computer speakers. What are the odds?

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Do they make stands to put to the side of TVs to host all the peripherals (Xbox 360, DVD player, receiver, etc)? I like the look of glass TV stands, so something fancy looking like that would be sweet.

You'd be looking for an "audio pier" or "component rack."

This might fit your description: Target - Phase Audio Pier

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.
I'll play again:

Video/Gaming
Sony Bravia 46" Z4100
Sony S350 Blu-Ray Player
PS3, 360 and Wii
Home Theater PC (Intel Core 2 Duo/Geforce 9400 mobo)

Audio
Dayton A732 Kit Speakers
Sony HD Radio Tuner XDRF1HD
Sony 5-disc SACD Changer SCD-CE595
Technics 1200MK2 turntable
Denon PMA-750 Integrated Amplifier (this is 28 years old and sounds awesome)

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Yalc posted:

where can I get that stand

HH Gregg: http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=n&ProductID=21183&BrandStore=All

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Walked posted:

Place is still a mess; handling a full house on your own = pain in the rear end.

Next up is a fair of floorstanding speakers and a 55" LCD. Or something. I dont really know for sure, the Dana 630's sound awesome already.

Hey Panasonic XR55 buddy. That was a great receiver in its day.

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

Dolemite posted:

Can you tell me what the company and model name of the white cable hider thing you have going to your TV?

I need something similar for my new AV setup.

I saw something like that at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-4-Cable-Concealer/14913293

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.

hootimus posted:

Sammy 50" plasma
Marantz SR5003
Mordaunt Short speakers
PS3
WD TV Live
6TB Suse server for media

Not great compared to some of the setups here, but I thought I would share anyway...

Actually I'm moving out of the country soon, so a lot of that stuff is getting sold or stored, and I'll get to build a new setup :haw:

That improvised soundbar is probably better than most actual soundbars, though it looks like you had enough room to put them on their own stands.