Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panoplied Platypus
Dec 21, 2005

Head-First into Glory!
My little system (temporarily stashed in the guest bedroom):

Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-W1000
Audio Technica ATH-A900
Etymotic ER-6i

Source
DBX DX3 Dynamic Range Enhancer / CD Reader

Amplifier
McIntosh MA6100

Speakers
Nady SM-120 (AKA temporary cheap pieces of crap)

The real stereo:

Source
Marantz Model 6300 with Orotofon MC30

Auxiluries
DBX 3BX Dynamic Range Enhancer
Nakamichi Phono Booster Amp
Nakamichi Electronic Crossover
Nakamichi Power Supply

Preamplifier
Harmon Kardon Citation Eleven

Amplifiers
McIntosh MC502
McIntosh MC2205

Speakers
Horns: Altec AD808A
Tweeters: JBL 077 Folded Horn (Lenses)
Woofers: JBL LE15A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panoplied Platypus
Dec 21, 2005

Head-First into Glory!

Scrapez posted:

That is quite an awesome setup you have there. I have a couple of lower end old receivers that I use with computer and in bedroom.

A Marantz 2235b and a Pioneer SX-3700. The old stuff is so beautiful. Someday I'll snag the JBL L100's that have been sitting in my father's attic since the 80's.

L100's are very nice but you have to do something about the LE5-2's. The easiest thing would be to simply take them out of the circuit inside the cabinet and get a set of external horns to replace them. 800hz horns would be good since the 123A's are 20-1200.

Panoplied Platypus
Dec 21, 2005

Head-First into Glory!
I just set this up in the spare bedroom I've been using... McIntosh MA6100 driving the maggies.

Panoplied Platypus fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 26, 2007