Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THAGMARRRRRRRR
Mar 22, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I'm looking for a high definition TV or monitor I can hook up my DVD player and game systems to, cheap as possible, about 20 inches. I'm not even really that concerned about being able to watch TV on it, although that would be nice, and so far the monitors I've found with component inputs seem to cost the same as comparable sized LCD HDTVs, but maybe I just don't know where to look.

The closest thing I've found is some off-brand, Astar, offering a 19 inch widescreen HD LCD TV/Monitor which seems like a real bargain at 200 bucks, but it's got a really bizarre resolution; 1440 x 900. What the gently caress?

So, two questions:
Is there anywhere I can get a monitor with component inputs but cheap compared to an actual HDTV?
Is that 1440 x 900 resolution something I want to avoid like the plague, or is it worth it for the bargain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THAGMARRRRRRRR
Mar 22, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I recently bought a 26 inch Element LCD HDTV for my room. The problem I'm having is that it won't turn on. When I plug it in, the red "standby" light lights up but the no button on the remote or TV turn sit on or seems to do anything. As of right now all I've got hooked up to it is a PS2 through component cables. Is there anything I'm missing that would not make it turn on or make it seem like it's not turning on, or did I just get a lemon?

• Locked thread