Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«269 »
Kangra
May 7, 2012

precision posted:

Are you sure it wasn't the Tourists' version of "I Only Wanna Be With You"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsTIuNikq4w

No, it resembled the style of Dusty Springfield, but not really the melody. I was able to catch that it was almost certainly 1970s in fact, it was Sirius '70s on 7'. I don't know if they publish playlists, but it would have been this Sunday ~ evening UTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

So I heard a song too far away to Shazam this morning; the chorus consists mostly of the word "please" in a drawn out, harmonized falsetto by a male singer. So more like "Pleee-EEEeeEEEeeeEEeeaaase"--the capital Es being sung higher. It was in the style of like, a Frankie Valli song? Probably wasn't actually Frankie Valli, I just got Who Loves You vibes from it

The only other lyrics I could hear were something like "I want you, I need you" right before the last chorus but the number of songs that include all three of those lyrics make trying to Google it useless

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Kangra posted:

No, it resembled the style of Dusty Springfield, but not really the melody. I was able to catch that it was almost certainly 1970s — in fact, it was Sirius '70s on 7'. I don't know if they publish playlists, but it would have been this Sunday ~ evening UTC.

I would maybe say something like Touch Me in the Morning (or something else from Diana Ross/Supremes), but that's just a guess based on female Motown acts in the 70s that weren't all disco.

You can use this site to see recently played songs on the '70s on 7 station, but they're only listed by "x days ago" and not time. So you'd have to do some scrolling and hopefully remember something else that was played around the same time.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Alright, so, I downloaded a midi off a website way back in 2002, and I've been trying to figure out what it is ever since. I checked the metadata recently, but it doesn't tell me anything other than the star theme is supposed to be vocals, so I'm fairly sure it's a band song, but it might be from an anime or video game??? I honestly don't know. Now I've got some friends going crazy trying to figure it out, too.

I exported the midi to mp3 here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cran posted:

Alright, so, I downloaded a midi off a website way back in 2002, and I've been trying to figure out what it is ever since. I checked the metadata recently, but it doesn't tell me anything other than the star theme is supposed to be vocals, so I'm fairly sure it's a band song, but it might be from an anime or video game??? I honestly don't know. Now I've got some friends going crazy trying to figure it out, too.

In midi form it sounds extremely Mega Man X-ish but I doubt it's that tbh

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Cran posted:

A slight bit of it sounded like the chorus to Night Ranger's Don't Tell Me You Love Me, which is a similar length. The beat doesn't seem to match elsewhere, though.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Erebus posted:

You can use this site to see recently played songs on the '70s on 7 station, but they're only listed by "x days ago" and not time. So you'd have to do some scrolling and hopefully remember something else that was played around the same time.

This got it for me, since I knew that 'Me & Julio Down by the Schoolyard' played some time after it.

The song is "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" and the style is a not quite as Motown as I thought it was. Also, many of the singers were men as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc

e: That midi song sounds like it could be Styx, but Night Ranger seems close too. Definitely of that era or a throwback to it.

Kangra fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2018 around 07:57

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!

Blood Nightmaster posted:

So I heard a song too far away to Shazam this morning; the chorus consists mostly of the word "please" in a drawn out, harmonized falsetto by a male singer. So more like "Pleee-EEEeeEEEeeeEEeeaaase"--the capital Es being sung higher. It was in the style of like, a Frankie Valli song? Probably wasn't actually Frankie Valli, I just got Who Loves You vibes from it

The only other lyrics I could hear were something like "I want you, I need you" right before the last chorus but the number of songs that include all three of those lyrics make trying to Google it useless

Was the singing and/or general vibe of the song anything like this? Or am I totally off on the style/era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqMW4CHClk

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Chris Isaak's "Somebody's Crying" maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqjBWb6lX4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Do The Brown Nose

I'm trying to remember an album from around 2005 to 2007 at the latest. It's sort of dreamy, washed out electro indie pop. The band name started with a W, and one of the songs on the album had the word "Jupiter" in it. They weren't very popular, but I rediscovered them a few years ago (and have since forgotten their name ) and they had a bandcamp page, so they're at least still semi-active. Any help is greatly appreciated.

They sounded vaguely like this, except with a male singer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zpMEcrxdpY

Edit: This was driving me nuts, so I dug out my ancient iPod and found it was the album Heavensville by Wedge.

https://wedge.bandcamp.com/album/heavensville

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2018 around 04:34

«269 »