Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«274 »
Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Would you call it more synthwavey or more poppy aimed for like...NPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

!Klams posted:

Possibly impossible, possibly easy? Got a tune stuck in my head that I THINK is from Glow season 2, but might be from a random Spotify playlist?

It's an instrumental synth tune, quite stacatto, with like bent notes, very smug 80s sounding? What I remember was just a synth line with possibly some bass (maybe synth bass?) And if there were drums just like one or two hits, but I don't think there were.

if you were listening to spotify check your recently played

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Joke's on them.

What's the track that plays at the end of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15oxojLjrs

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Pollyanna posted:

What's the track that plays at the end of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15oxojLjrs

Shazam says the outro of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnK8sFOZGco

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Jazz Marimba posted:

A drum and bass artist. I'm remembering a specific song, but not a lot of details. A friend turned me onto them when we were playing cp_orange a lot in Team Fortress 2, so about nine years ago.

He said Netsky, but it's not them. I listened to Eyes Closed and the production is different; the hihats are tighter, and the snare is harsher and higher in the mix. There is a woman singing, but the word/lyrics is/are on the tip of my tongue :I

The song I'm thinking of is a little faster than Eyes Closed, and I think the album cover (or image in the youtube video?) may have been reminiscent of cracked glass.

update: I think it might be titled Break the Silence, or maybe it has "silence" in the title? I can't find it though since there are so many songs with variations on that

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Looking for a piano piece, I would call it modern, but I seem to remember it being quite a bit earlier than what most people would think (1900ish).

It screams New York in the 80s or 70s to me. It used to be heard quite frequently as a mood piece on tv.

It's not a Philip Glass piece, it's more straight forward than his stuff.

Yeah, it's really hard describing this...

Trump fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2018 around 22:48

Abugadu
Jul 11, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Fashioned for me a cummerbund for my aptitude as a scuffler. i am Honored.

Trump posted:

Looking for a piano piece, I would call it modern, but I seem to remember it being quite a bit earlier than what most people would think (1900ish).

It screams New York in the 80s or 70s to me. It used to be heard quite frequently as a mood piece on tv.

It's not a Philip Glass piece, it's more straight forward than his stuff.

Yeah, it's really hard describing this...

What kind of mood?

My guesses would be Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin or Powerhouse by Raymond Scott.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Abugadu posted:

What kind of mood?

My guesses would be Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin or Powerhouse by Raymond Scott.

It's not any of those. Far from it actually

Maybe I should clarify and say New York in the 1970s or 1980s. The mood would be sombre, maybe slighty cold and distant. I don't know if it makes any sense, but the timbre is close to Philip Glass, but more melodic.

I think someone once posted it in a thread about music that was created ahead of its time, is in it sounds like a piece from the last 30 years, but was actually made at the turn of the century, but i'm not entirely sure im remembering right.

I remember it as being a pure piano piece.

Trump fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2018 around 23:48

Abugadu
Jul 11, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Fashioned for me a cummerbund for my aptitude as a scuffler. i am Honored.

Maybe a Charles Ives piece, then, I’ll dig a bit to see if there’s something that sounds like that.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

We will make them wet themselves with blood.

Trump posted:

It's not any of those. Far from it actually

Maybe I should clarify and say New York in the 1970s or 1980s. The mood would be sombre, maybe slighty cold and distant. I don't know if it makes any sense, but the timbre is close to Philip Glass, but more melodic.

I think someone once posted it in a thread about music that was created ahead of its time, is in it sounds like a piece from the last 30 years, but was actually made at the turn of the century, but i'm not entirely sure im remembering right.

I remember it as being a pure piano piece.

Is it Gymnopédie No.1 by Eric Satie?

If it’s not that, or maybe Gymnopédie No.3, I’d guess maybe something by Debussy.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

gently caress me sideways, that's it.

I felt like a raving madman trying to put it into words... Thanks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

We will make them wet themselves with blood.

Trump posted:

gently caress me sideways, that's it.

I felt like a raving madman trying to put it into words... Thanks!!!

You’re most welcome!

«274 »