Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma
What's the song from the Panasonic Toughbook commercial? I've heard it a lot, and I know that it's some sort of well-known classic rock anthem, but I don't know what it is or who performed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma

UGAmazing posted:

Is it Punkrocker by the TeddyBears by any chance? This song was in a Cadillac commercial and had the line "See me driving down the street" etc. Just a wild guess.
It is, and I first recognized it by its similarity to the superior remake titled "Hiphopper"; also, stratdax, could what you heard possibly have been the Roni Size remix of "Judgment Day"? (Then again, Redman wasn't involved at all...)

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma

Jonnty posted:

Sounds right. I'll just check.

EDIT: Thanks!
You should know that that track is actually 7 years old.

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma

snoot posted:

I'm trying to figure out who did a track from the late 80s.

It was a pretty big hit, kind of funk/rap. "Fire" (or higher?) is a prominent lyric and is sung really long in a high voice, then there's a part that goes "Let's go round again" or maybe "Let's go down again". That's repeated 3 times.

It has that "Paid in Full" kind of vibe. Three of us were trying to figure it out last night at a party and we all knew how it went so it's a well known song.
I wonder whether the Prizna track "Fire" was based on this. Listen to it, and if it reminds you of the track you're looking for, look around for what was sampled: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4599813439992847102

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma
During the MSNBC promo for Chris Matthews that started airing right after the first Democratic debate, in which he talks about "guts and belief," there was some amazing background music; I wonder, is it just production music, or is there some pre-existing track that it was taken from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopator
Jul 21, 2006

by Ozma
There's a new Heineken ad about that mini-keg, and it features three women who act like robots, and there's this track with some heavily "computer-ized" vocals and it kinda sounds like that new Devo track from the Dell ad; I wonder, was the track from the Heineken ad based on some other track?