Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm looking for a totally cheesy 80's(?) instrumental saxophone ballad. It's an incredibly famous song - everyone knows it. But without lyrics a Google search turns up five-billion smooth jazz songs when searching.

The memorable portion of the song is comprised of the saxophone riff, punctuated by this electronic sounding "peuuuuuu".

Here's how it sounds in my head:

"Fri nih nig, fri dih fri ne ig, fri neh neh feh der feuh der diaiaiaiaig, peuuuuu!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Wallrod posted:

Though i can't really put the riff to your version, the rest of the description makes me think it's Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

edit: wait, Baker Street isn't instrumental. But try it anyway!

Unfortunately it's not Baker Street but thank you just the same. I understand my description leaves a little too much to the imagination. If I could find my microphone I'd sing a lovely version :)

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

This is for a band name I've forgotten. They were an electronic group from Florida (Orlando maybe) in the late 90's. I think their name had "Soul" in it somewhere. They produced funky breakbeat with a lot of organic, farty sounding noises.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

There's some real lovely modern country song that came out a few(?) years ago that was all about "the good ol' days". It had lyrics like "Sittin' on the front porch, drinkin' lemonade" or some corny poo poo like that.

I was telling my wife about it but she's never heard it. Does anyone know what song this is?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

Maybe "Back When" by Tim McGraw?

I don't know - maybe so. I thought it had a lot more corny small-town nostalgia to it though. But like someone else said another post up or so, there are a lot of country songs that deal with this stuff.

From what I remember it was like the singer was listing every stereotypical rural activity:

• catchin' fireflies in a jar
  • watchin' parades on Main street
  • drinkin' home made lemonade
  • skippin' rocks and swimmin' at the ol' swimmin' hole
  • sittin' on the front porch
  • drivin' a 57 Chevy down a country road
  • flirtin' with Sally at the General Store.

I make fun of the song a lot and my wife has never heard it so I wanted her to remember them good ol' times too.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 16, 2008

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

poo poo, I have no idea now - those are all awesome and hilarious in their own way though. Thanks for the effort but now that I see the similarity in these I don't know if I can pick the right one out.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

My country-lovin' co-worker knew the song country song I posted earlier. It's "Mayberry", by Rascal Flatts.

This is what I was thinking of:

quote:

(Well) I miss Mayberry
Sitting on the porch drinking
Ice cold Cherry Coke
Where everything is black and white
Picking on a six string
Where people pass by and you call
Them by their first name
Watching the clouds roll by
Bye, bye

Sometimes I dream I'm driving
Down an old dirt road
Not even listed on a map
I pass a dad and son carrying a
Fishing pole
But I always wake up every time I try
To turn back

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

wmrmbm posted:

I am looking for several songs actually. Can someone please recommend songs similar to "Eye of the Tiger", Don't Stop Believing" and "America F*** Yeah"?

I know it seems like an odd request, but I am searching for songs with the same kind of tone and feeling as these. Eye of the Tiger is a uplifting type rock song, Don't Stop Believing is great, and America F*** Yeah is "get pumped" kind of song.

Once again sorry for this odd request, and thank you.

Europe - The Final Countdown might work.

I've always liked those songs that are in cheesy movies with lyrics like:

Get in it! Your in it to win it!
Reach for the stars, you're on a rocketship to success!
Never gonna quit it, keep the dream alive!
Push the limit, and dream to succeeeeeeeeeed!

I had a Vietnamese roommate in college who actually listened to stuff like that all the time.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Sometime in the mid to late nineties there was an electronic song that had a kind of tribal feel to it.

It had a chorus that went "Aaayy eeeee yiiii-eeee-iiiii-aiiiiaiiii"

And I think the video for it had a bunch of rain forest footage and there might have been some pygmy people in it. gently caress if I know.

I thought it was Little Forest but apparently that's not it.

Any ideas?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

etard knievel posted:

I think you're mixing up Return to Innocence by Enigma with Deep Forest by Deep Forest which both came out around the same time and were both i think on that 'Pure Moods' album commercial

You're totally right! I was definitely confusing the two. Thanks :)

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Big kudos to anyone who can tell me anything about this...

It's a seriously hosed up piece of yodelling that I just received as a file from a friend (who got it from a friend), and it's not on shazam last time I checked.

http://krackelibrankelfnatt.com/yodel.mp3

This is Stimmhorn. More here

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

There's some song with a sample of some stoner dude saying something like "...pretty rad, man. I think it would be pretty rad". It may repeat a couple times. Does anyone know what song that is?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

me your dad posted:

There's some song with a sample of some stoner dude saying something like "...pretty rad, man. I think it would be pretty rad". It may repeat a couple times. Does anyone know what song that is?

Found the fucker - Fuzz Face by Zillatron - it was a 1993 Bootsy Collins project with Buckethead and Bill Laswell.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

Could anyone tell me the song at the beginning of Jim Jefferies "Alcoholocaust"? I can't quite make out the words to google the lyrics, but maybe someone here will recognize it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_9sSxVUms

You mean the generic instrumental bit as he runs down the street? I don't know the song but the words at the beginning are a sample of Wooderson from the movie Dazed and Confused. That may not help much though since that quote is pretty well known (and awesome).

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Last weekend on NPR they were interviewing a musician who made some sort of weird gospel/soul/post-rock sounding material. The small clips I heard almost sounded like Suicide made a gospel album.

Does anyone know what this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Danke!