Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

quote:

Aint from the streets of compton. Aint from no prison yard. Aint got no guns or weapons,and nigga I aint hard. I’d rather help than fight ya. I’d rather hug than swing. I know where diomonds come from. It aint about the bling. Aint got no fancy car. I cant afford my rent. Aint even got my own style, sometimes im 50 cent. But I aint got no bullets, and I aint bullet proof. And you can take your aim, but you cant kill the truth. And yo I tried that route, and when I thought it through, heres what you gotta do. Just hold that mic up to your heart and hear it. I got a heart beat produced by God and yo it sounds hard.

Any help? I'm trying to google lines and not getting anywhere.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Right, I apologise beforehand for making you watch this awful piece of poo poo.

Whats the bassline thats either sampled or ripped off at the "rap" in around 4:15?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvHaNctk4k

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Agitate! Agitate! posted:

the only thing i recognize it from is that 'lazy sunday' sketch from SNL that parnell and that sandberg kid did

unless that was a jack to begin with, i think that's as close as you're going to come to source material

Thanks but its not that, the bassline came back into my head today and it was killing me trying to work out what it sounded like. Eventually I realised it was this

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I've had this slightly awesome mashup of NIN and My Sharona for a while now. Except I dont know what the NIN song is, any help?

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/files/4/4bor9-56h8o-metal%20sherona.mp3

link fix

massive spider fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 22, 2008

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

perplexing whimsy posted:

Is this a fake post? The name of the song is in the url.

Hint: it isn't "sherona"

:doh: I thought it was labelled metalsherona becasue y'know, it was My Sharona mixed with metal (if you'd call NIN metal) I didnt realise that song itself was actually called "Metal".

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Neither would I, but I didnt label the file.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Not a specific song but is there any kind of online rescourse for finding out songs used in commercials?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Ok, early 90's I think alternative rock band.

The video I'm thinking of has a primarily black and red colour scheme.

The singer has a fairly distinctive, quite effeminate voice and is bald.

Any help?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

From Earth posted:

Vertical Horizon - You're A God?

Nope thats not it.

The band is playing inside a diarama or something, the singer has an odd girly voice and the general style is slightly overdramatic, in that kind of Placebo/Muse-ish way with campy falsetto.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

HorseRotorvator posted:

Shudder to Think - X-French Tee Shirt

Yeah thats it. Except the video in particular I was thinking of was Red House

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

What is this melody? I'm like 90% certain its a Bjork song.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Yeah thats it, thanks.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I can only describe this song by describing the video.

The band are drinking beer and heckling a bunch of LARPers from their car. They go to their garage playing the song and drinking beer. When the middle 8 hits they return in suits of armour made of beer cans and start beating the crap out of the LARPers.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

A "soulful" boy bandish crooner who was a member of the british national party with a video of him walking around in english dales. I remember it floating around some blogs a few years back just becasue the song was so amazingly crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Whats the name of The Stripper Music? I'm talking about the brassy theme that plays on a tv show whenever theres a striptease, its typically used for comedy more than anything else.