Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I know these are kind of old and probably answered offline by now, but just in case, I thought I'd post my answers.

Etnies posted:

Ok, I've heard this song on the radio recently, but I think it is an older song (they play it on oldies or classic rock stations and it was followed up by Eric Clapton once). It is instrumental and is like classical Latin acoustic guitar with some 1/16 clapping at one point. Again, it is instrumental and is a classical Latin (rumba flamenco?) song.

Primary instruments involved that I've picked out:
-2 acoustic guitars
-hand drums
-clapping

I can't find it right now, but I'm almost positive that this song is off an album called "Friday Night in San Francisco" by Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, and Paco De Lucia, mostly because those are the only instruments used in those songs. Even if I'm wrong, you should check this out in case you liked the song you described.

Happy Sock posted:

All right, NMD, help me out here. I've had the tune of this song in my head but can only remember a little bit about it. I wrote it down on a piece of paper which fell out out my pocket at some point.

The only thing that I can explicitly remember about the song is that it's about this girl that's pleasuring herself in the bathroom. It's not like a "haha that's funny" but sort of "oh no that's kind of sad." It might be popular right now, I heard it on the radio.

Anyways, it was a really good song and I'd like to check out more by the same artist, but I cannot remember who they are!

Could it be "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Hope this hasn't been asked already, but there's like 99 pages of this thread that I don't think I can go through without search. I'll try to make it easy though.

It's a classical piece, with a chorus singing Latin words I can't understand. It's really famous, and if you were to play it out on a keyboard, it would go something like:

A A G# G# (quarter notes, staccato)
A A G# G# (same thing)
A A G# A B A G# (quarter notes with the A B being half notes)

It's used in commercials, movie trailers, all over the place. All of my friends recognize it, but nobody knows what it's called.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
That's it. Thanks so much, it'd been baffling me all day.

Barehanded Brother fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 8, 2009

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

This has been bothering me since elementary school. They would play classical music at lunch and this was one of the songs that I loved, but I could never find it afterward. Anyways, I'll try to spell it out.

It starts out with a 1/16th note, legato piano arpeggio that keeps repeating:

D-E-F-A, D-E-F-A, etc.

Then the right hand comes in with:

F (dotted quarter tied to 1/16)
E (1/16)
D (1/8 tied to 1/16)
E (1/16)
F (1/8 tied to 1/16)
G (1/16)
A (half)
D (half)

which then repeats. It's syncopated, so it's kind of like a "daaa, ta-dum, ta-dum, ta-daaa, daaa" sort of sound. Unfortunately, that's all I really remember, but I'm pretty sure the next phrase modulates down to minor key and repeats that pattern. I hope that's enough information; I could try uploading some self-made sheet music if that would be easier to figure out. I've got no recording equipment though :(.