Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongsmith
Apr 12, 2007

CLANG THUD SPLUT

Magpie13 posted:

Hi All,

I had a record back in the '60s that had a song called "(going to hell) on a sled".

I thought it was "Herman's Hermits" but nothing comes up on Dogpile searches.

I don't recall the lyrics except for the chorus which had an old man's voice saying "you're going to hell on a sled boy, going to hell on a sled".

Most of you are young whippersnappers who would do best to stay the hell off my lawn, but I'd really like to find this song again.
John Loudermilk?

http://ihesm.com/jdllyr/LyAintIt.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongsmith
Apr 12, 2007

CLANG THUD SPLUT

The SARS Volta posted:

At the bar last night we heard some terrible song:

Sounded kind of Uncle Kracker-ish; the chorus was about burning your car and committing insurance fraud or some ridiculous poo poo.

I just want to find the lyrics, really.
You'd better not be thinking of New Chevrolet Up In Flames by The Mountain Goats

http://www.themountaingoats.net/lyrics/america_lyr.html

If you are I'm gonna have to update posters_with_bad_taste.xls

Dongsmith
Apr 12, 2007

CLANG THUD SPLUT

The SARS Volta posted:

God no. Like I said, this sounded like Uncle Kracker frat-country-rock-pop. My friend thought it sounded pretty 2002 - and it did - but it wouldn't shock me in the least if it was relatively new
Ah, good. The Uncle Kracker bit didn't really fit anyways. Good luck on your quest.

Dongsmith
Apr 12, 2007

CLANG THUD SPLUT

etard knievel posted:

first one i thought of was pluto but she does make weird noises like that in half of her songs
yeah, I think we'd really need some other lyrics, even just a couple words, in order to narrow it down from half her discography