Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

Cross-posting from the white whale thread:

#1: Random album I found recently

A few months ago I stumbled upon an album on YouTube from some obscure band. I added it to a playlist and then it was de-listed a few days later and I don't remember the name of it. I can't really describe musical genres, but it was upbeat music with guitars and synths. I want to say the album art had some sort of beige cylinder pattern with the title written on it, kind of like this maybe?

One of the songs had the lyrics "but we're not to blame, not to bla-a-ame" followed by a synth solo that sounded exactly like this.

#2: Random instrumental music from my childhood

I remember hearing a particular piece of music when I was about 8 years old, and I know I haven't heard it since then but I still somehow remember almost all of it. It was an instrumental track played on guitar and flute (so I can't search for lyrics), and it basically sounded like this:

(mp3 version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

Cooties posted:

I think I might have an answer for you! I used to love the whole album it's from. Look up the track "Facing West" by the Pat Metheny group from his Secret Story album.
This is it! Thank you! :worship:

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

I just remembered a song that I can't find online. It was from the '90s or earlier...I'm bad at describing musical genres and my memory is vague, but I want to say latin salsa/jazz/calypso/reggae? The main lyrics were "Girl you need a fire man, to put out your fire."

EDIT: I asked my parents, it's Fireman by David Rudder.

Komojo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 24, 2020