Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I've had a song rattling round my head for an age, and I can't pin it - please help.

I think it's a bit of American hardcore or punk, but it's a much slower grind than most of that genre. The lyrics are about the Groundhog Day-style of a mundane life - "Get up, go to work, come home, eat, drink, TV, sleep". That kind of phrase repeated.

I thought it was Rollins or Black Flag, but for the life of me I can't work it out. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Thanks, but not. Right pace, and it's helped me describe what I'm looking for.

The song I'm searching for has a similar vocal pace, but the beat double times under the vocal, or even four beats for each of the beats that the vocals are hitting. And there's no first to fifth in the vocals - it's more of a monotone.

This is, of course, if I'm remembering the song at all. Or didn't dream it.

Thanks though - I hadn't heard that DK song before.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

yaffle posted:

Its a Cure song, late 80's/early 90's album track that either starts or ends with a tinkly scratchy little piano tune, any ideas?

The Caterpillar, surely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxJ5YvYfx4