Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
I'm looking for a cover (or maybe a sample) of Lynn Anderson's "Rose Garden" that I vaguely remember having on a mix tape in the late 80s or early 90s. It was very synthy. For some reason I keep thinking of Love and Rockets but Google hasn't been much help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
YES! Thank you, now my spirit can rest.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Holy crap I've always thought this was a Paul Simon song for some reason though now that I actually listened to it it doesn't sound like him at all

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

piss boner posted:

Back in 95 - 96 I heard a song on a college university radio station during a "radio rave", in the Detroit area. It was a hardcore techno song that began with a sermon/prayer by a preacher talking about fire & brimstone then broke into a moaning & screaming voice that was twisted and distorted. Some time later my house was robbed and among what was stolen was a recording. 20+ years later it is till rattling about in my head.

Others have suggested it may be The Running Man (Butcher of Bakersfield Rmx).

What's up Detroit goon, I'm getting some flashbacks of sneaking drinks at City Club when I was a teen. I know I've heard the song you're talking about, maybe Ministry or Skinny Puppy. It's got me in the mood to reminisce so I'm listening to old albums, I'll let you know if I find it.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Nyyen posted:

Got a hard one. Found this one on The Sixty One back in 2008-2009. Title or artist has Lo-Fi in it, Lo-Fi something something, possibly rhyming. Wolf also might be part of the song or artist's name, but I can't be sure. One man group if I remember correctly, and it was a kind of pop sound, maybe pop-punk. Music video was set in a dense party, almost mosh pit with mostly teenagers if I remember correctly. Hate to say that is all I have. The Sixty One is dead so I can't go back to that, even on the wayback machine. Anyone got the touch?

Could it possibly be Wolf like Me by TV On the Radio?