Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hey folks can I please get some help with a Beulah song I been looking for

The good news is that I know exactly which song it theoretically is, it's Me and Jesus Don't Talk Anymore. Problem is, when I was listening to Beulah maybe 10 years ago I remember the song having a more upbeat power pop tone, with horns throughout, a less morose take on the first verse, and without the country guitars. I also seem to remember it maybe having a different title, like they recorded two versions of essentially the same song with different titles on different albums? But that doesn't seem too likely, given that if I search for the lyrics, Me and Jesus is the only song title that comes up. It may have also been a cover, but I remember it sounding enough like Beulah that it'd be weird for another band to cover a Beulah song just to Beulah it up some more

The only other version I can find right now is this acoustic demo, which is also nice but definitely not the one I'm looking for. Does anyone have a sense of the version I'm talking about, if it in fact exists? Thanks in advance, kind music goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Erebus posted:

There's Waiting for the Sunset, which the Youtube video describes as: "Waiting for the Sunset" (the original version of "Me and Jesus Don't Talk Anymore") is a b-side that was released on a UK single between "The Coast is Never Clear" and "Yoko".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jArqmLzDBJU

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!