Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I heard a song this morning at ~4:45am it was very upbeat and had very little instruments. Mostly whistling. A very upbeat whistling song. I knew what song came after it (all the small things) I called KTCL 93.3 and they weren't much help.

It's definitely a newer song. With whistling.

"they call me crazy" and "feel it in your soul" may be some of the lyrics

HELP IM DYING

E: found it! It was The Walker by Fitz and the Tantrums

I LIKE COOKIE fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Minorkos posted:

I heard a song today on the radio, can someone identify it for me?

It had a white sounding woman singing stuff like wooo-oooooh-oooh during choruses and stuff. Then there was a black man doing a pseudo-rap in the middle. I think the song was about partying. I heard it on the pop-music channel.

Dark horse by Katy Perry?

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Not sure if this is the right place, but a video/song combo on youtube that I hold dear just got removed. This video was meditative to me and always put me in a happy place. It means a lot to me, and helped me through some very dark and desperate times in my life.

its Adagio for strings played over a poem called desiderata. Heres the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPDO3Tfab0

When I try to watch it it says this

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that."

HOW DO I GET A HOLD OF THIS VIDEO? what countries is this not blocked in? I've desperately tried contacting the uploader to no avail. This is driving me crazy, I must have the video.

and is there a better place I could be asking this question?

HELP

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Hey I'm looking for a song that some weird old dude sung to me in a mental hospital, lol.

its like a folk song, kinda sounds like yankee doodle a little bit

its about a couple in the 70s(?) who went around Bonnie and Clyde style and conned people out of money using the church, or something. Basically they pretended to be collecting money for the church but were actually just conning?

"something something something, shoulda swallowed that pill" was how it ends I think.

its super catchy and I want to find it, and I also want to read about the couple the song is about. Its really bothering me because its on the tip of my tongue.

help

e: I think it was a televangelist? maybe? fuckkkk why cant i find this

ee: I am almost positive it was Jim and Tammy Bakker, but I cant find the yankee doodley sounding song :(

gently caress. I hope its not like, a prison exclusive song or something

Eee: welp day 2 and still no luck. Considering institutionalizing myself again just so I can write the drat thing down. Will report back once I'm out

I LIKE COOKIE fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 12, 2017

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I'm looking for a song and the lyrics literally are "take a raincoat, jump on a steam train, what's your main line, i'll take the freeway". I cant find it anywhere, Its a female singing the song and I'm guessing its really new and therefore ungooglable? Help! It's bugging me so much that I cant find it :(

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

There's a music video on YouTube where they strum their guitars really hard but slowly,and red lines comes out of the guitar and goes across the screen, it's the theme of the whole video, and it's ominous, I'm pretty sure it's a famous riff. and it's slow but they strum it hard, reminds me of black sabbath or something. I was on a tame impala/ arctic monkeys/cage the elephant Playlist on YouTube and I want to watch this music video again but I'm too drunk to figure it out. Help.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

It was elephant cover by tame impala. Wow I was drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I'm looking for a rock/punk? Song that kinda goes like

My my could be a ___, could be an airplane, from the wear guard of my guitar

Or; from the strings of this guitar, uh. Oh my my could be a...

Something like that?? Anyone have any ideas?

E: sounds like it would be by the strokes or someone, and I'm pretty sure it's from a movie/ending of a movie maybe? It's hard for me to remember because I heard it in a dream, lol. I woke up and immediately tried to find it and couldn't. Been bugging the hell out of me.

I LIKE COOKIE fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 6, 2021