Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I heard a song once. Probably from a link on SA somewhere. I really don't have a lot of information, but I know that it was 1) kind of an upbeat indie-rock sorta thing 2) Russian or some sort of Baltic 3) mentioned some kind of big corporation(s) in the chorus.

I remember loving loving that song, and oh man do I wish I knew what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
the classical piece being referenced at ~1:30 in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsoVFCUN3Q&t=99s

i think it's supposed to be handel's sarabande but that's not quite it

i think i've heard it in a paradox mapgame at some point but i can't recall which one

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
it's in the same wheelhouse for sure, but i think what i'm looking for is the exact phrase at 2:30-2:36 of the contrapoints video, which afaik isn't present in the sarabande and i swear i've heard it before

you'd think the piece would be in the Victoria II soundtrack, but i listened to the whole thing the other day and no luck

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Erebus posted:

Isn't it Beethoven's Allegretto? It was used in Clockwork Orange, so it fits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk

by jove

you've done it

also shame on me for not knowing this