Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a whole album I listened to before but I can't remember who does it. It was a French band that was doing kind of a krautrock-y post-punk thing. I think it came out around 1979, had a picture of a bicycle on the front cover and had at least one song that was close to or over 20 minute long. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Etron Fou Leloublan - Batelages?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTNfVf4TN_g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cyril Sneer posted:

I'm looking for a German krafterwerk-esque electro act from the 70s. One of their videos has been posted from time to time in relevant music threads, as an example of very early krautrock, predating Kraftwerk even. It was a really good song!

Do you mean like an actual music video? There's a few bands it could be(Neu! are the most obvious one since it sounds like something with a motorik beat) but I can't think of any krautrock bands that had music videos.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

screaden posted:

I came across an album that had been uploaded to youtube a few years ago, 2012 maybe? and it was a psychedelic stoner rock album with lots of wah-y electric guitar solos, and the album art was predominantly yellow with I think a mountain shaped thing rising in the centre of it, it may have even had mountain in the album title but I'm not sure. Unfortunately all those terms are generic enough that plugging it in to google gives me a pretty wide assortment of results.

Is it this Acid Mothers Temple album? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KR3tCwaygY

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, but like most people get like one or 2 guesses and people have been making effort posts trying to figure his song out for a month. I'm pretty sure he's just loving with you guys at this point.

I don't think the man who heroically maintains this forum's AC/DC thread would gently caress with people in that way.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Was reading a William Bennet Interview and this part stood out to me, does anyone know what bands or labels(is Cosmic a label?) are being referred to here?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Erebus posted:

Maybe in reference to this?

Aha, that was quick! thanks

A human heart fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 1, 2018

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

trying to identify this song that i've had a fragment from stuck in my head. the part i remember is a lyric that is like 'in the forest, no more, no more'. I almost feel like it should be a black metal song but i don't think it is because i don't think i would remember the lyric then. it could be neofolk or something like that maybe.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MachineryNoise posted:

Could be black metal band Carpathian Forest's cover of The Cure's "A Forest".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVyBIzxRrvA

It's not this one i'm afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

mr_package posted:

I have an impossible-to-google question that is making me crazy. Late 90s / early 2000's I ended up with a cassette of a band called "Texture". It was a 4-song ep. Kinda post-grunge sound, kinda post-punk influenced (clean guitars, delays, etc.) They may have been Canadian, not sure. But anyway I can't find them of course because texture is a generic term and also a word often used to describe music. All I can remember is I'm sure the lyrics of one song were "descending down" and "can't go on this way though".

Anyone ever hear of this band? I guess they were an indie that went nowhere and broke up, probably. Because they are kind of pre-internet no one was probably talking about them-- I might have the dates wrong, it could have been closer to '95 ish. 96/97 maybe.

I suspect my best hope of ever hearing these songs again is lucking out and finding that tape in my parents' basement.

Is it this band? https://www.discogs.com/artist/4382478-Texture-9 I've never heard of them but that came up from a search for texture on discogs.