Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Here's a shot in the dark for you: when I was a little kid I listened to a song which I think had a passing train as its theme. It started with a kind of train whistle and the sound of a train going over rails, I had it on one of those single LP's. I vaguely remember it was something like new wave or industrial, this was in 1988 or something after all. I have no idea what this song was called or who it was by. Since it was on a single LP it was probably from the early 80s at the latest. There were no lyrics as I recall.

Another one: around the same time I listened to what I think was a mixtape on my walkman. There was an industrial song on there with a beat that went DUN DUN DUN ZEEEE DUN DUN DUN ZEEEE DUN DUN DUN ZEEEE, I think the ZEEEE part was made up of distorted vocals somehow. I think the lyrics mentioned, unsurprisingly, a factory and working there. Again, no idea. I think it shared that mixtape with a bunch of Dire Straits songs and maybe David Bowie.

I didn't speak English at the time so the only thing I remember was the part about a factory.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

life is a joke posted:

The train one might be Trans Eurpoa Express by Kraftwerk, there's no actual train sound but the beat mimics it. It's from the 70s. It's got lyrics but they wrote a couple noise songs that had the same beat that tied in. The song autobahn has a synth "horn" too but I think that was a different album, check em out and see if it's familiar.

I thought it might be Kraftwerk because I remember an album LP lying around somewhere in my house too, but those songs are not it. It was definitely less clean and electronic sounding. I really can't describe what kind of music it was, but something more like industrial.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

im looking for a specific song in the "world music" genre, it was an incan type of song (or at least it was supposed to sound incan), it was background music for a sort of silly documentary about the incan empire where a guy explained his theories about pyramids and how all civilizations are connected or whatever. the tune was sort of rhythmic chanting, it sounded kind of like the sort of thing you would hear in the game civilization. sorry that's all i got.