Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

X-posting from the GBS "white whale" thread.

This is not enough information to accomplish anything but you lot have had some amazing catches so here goes:

Back in 2002 I went and saw KoRn at Philips Arena. There was some music playing before the show (as venues do) and there was this one song I absolutely loved. This was pre-Shazam and no amount of Googling when I got home then up until today has given me any correct results.

I *think* the chorus lead in is "I'm the best, motherfucker," with the end of "motherfucker" really stretched out and growly. Fit in well with the generic early 2000s hard rock/industrial/nu-metal thing going on in the era.

The support acts on this Untouchables tour were Static X, Puddle of Mudd, Deadsy, Trust Company, Marz and Disturbed. Could it be one of those band? I could imagine a Static X song ending like that.

E; is it Die Motherfucker by Dope?

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Is it Jumpdafuck Up by Soulfly?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Long shot but I thought I'd try here.

https://youtu.be/J9oOKR8_2es

Can anybody identify the music playing in the background of this podcast episode at 12:26? The narrator is discussing Glen or Glenda and I thought it might be from that film but nothing is coming up. Is it likely production music?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Well, I saw in the description that another track from the podcast was from Epidemic Sound. I tried searching on there for mysterious-sounding "eastern" or "desert" tracks, found an artist that specialized in that kind of stuff, and lo-and-behold...

Dark Delusion by Mike Franklyn

Edit - YouTube copy

Thank you so much.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Okay strange request. I want songs from a band from 2005/06/07. They're UK based and called Misled Vision. They were all girl except for the guitarist who was male and wrote most of their music. I think his name was Eeege. They had two original songs that were really great but they also covered Marilyn Manson's Target Audience.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A rap song that samples the Ghost level theme from Mario. I heard it between 2003-2006.

Its not any of these songs. https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Mario_references_in_music

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I need help trying to find a name for a song. It appears in the UK TV show Skins. The final series consists of six two part episodes telling the story of a character from a previous series now that they're "grown up'. The final two episodes are named Rise (part I and II). In part I, the main character Cook takes a girl to buy a dress for an upcoming party. While they're in the dreas shop, this funky song plays in the background with these lyrics.

I need a woman to help me through the night,
I've gotta real fine love makin everything alright
Always makes me feel good, feel good every day,

Shazam did me no favours as the song doesn't last long enough to get an ID and googling the lyrics just brings me to a very poor transcript of the episode. I don't know why this has stuck in my memory ever since seeing this episode air in 2013, it's not even a particularly good song but I have never come close to finding out the artist or title. The episode can be viewed on Netflix or Channel 4's streaming service.

Skins: series 7, episode 5 and begins about 24 minutes into the ep. Any help would be appreciated!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I couldn’t figure it out but for non-UK folks like me someone put the entire episode on dailymotion. Maybe someone else will have better luck identifying it:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3h4c8h

Thanks, that's widened the net somewhat.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A music video from around 2002-2005. It's animated and set in a restaurant. The music is rock or metal and the vocals are the conversation between customers and staff.

I asked a friend about it around the time I first saw it and he seemed to think it was the band Sikth but I've never been able to find the video. It would have probably aired on MTV2 or Kerrang in the UK.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion posted:

A music video from around 2002-2005. It's animated and set in a restaurant. The music is rock or metal and the vocals are the conversation between customers and staff.

I asked a friend about it around the time I first saw it and he seemed to think it was the band Sikth but I've never been able to find the video. It would have probably aired on MTV2 or Kerrang in the UK.

This was indeed by Sikth and it was How May I Help You.

Another song I'm looking for. It's from the film Jason Takes Manhatten. Jason is walking down the street and kicks over a boom box some street punks are listening to. It's a Run DMC style rap song and the lyrics are something like "Livin in the city ain't no big deal, if the cops don't get you then the hookers will".

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Awesome thank you!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I need help finding a YouTube playlist I came across in 2014. It was called "something different" I think, and had some great tracks on it. Here are a few that I definitely remember being on the playlist.

Nirvana - Lake of Fire
Doomsquad - Waka Waka
Blank Realm - Cleaning Up My Mess
Annie - Antonio (Berlin Breakdown)
Hot Chocolate - Cicero Park
The Wytches - Digsaw

Is there some way to reverse engineer these songs to find that playlist again?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I think there's a strange scene in either White Zombie or I Walked With A Zombie where something like that happens but I haven't seen either in like 20 years. Somebody basically comes in singing the entire plot of the film.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A song that samples a piece from From Dusk Til Dawn where George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino are holding the bar at gun point "everybody be cool or you'll be just as dead as these fucks".

I can't remember what kind of music but it was probably dance/trance and is likely from the 90s.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Be Cool by Paffendorf, doesn't sample the whole quote but was a pretty big Trance hit in 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Gt23rcJjI

It's this, thank you.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Looking for a band rather than a song. South American, 70s-sounding psych rock, kinda sounded like a mix between Goblin and the Italian Spiderman soundtrack. Think it was two words, first began with F and second with P.

I checked out Goblin and man are they awesome.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm looking for a song I used to listen to around 2007-2009. It's an industrial metal cyberpunk pop song. Bands like Adema, Orgy, Filter, Zeromancer, Crossbreed come to mind but it's definitely not one of those.

I had heard another song by this band before and it wasn't very good but I remember enjoying this one. It's a long song, about 6 or 7 minutes. It almost certainly was on a soundtrack, but its not on the Spawn soundtrack, but it's that kind of music.

Towards the end the male singer gives a big powerful verse over a guitar solo. I can hear the tune in my mind but I can't think of any lyrics that will help me Google it.

I'm certain that when I hear the band's name I'll find the song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
No, I definitely would have remembered if it was a Fear Factory song.

Turns out it was Frozen by Celldweller.

E: and I think the first song I heard by them that I didn't like much was Switchback. It's been used on so much early 00s media.

Wikipedia posted:

Halloween: Resurrection
Spider-Man 2
Doom
Catwoman
The Punisher
Paycheck
CSI
xXx: State of the Union
National Security
Bad Boys 2
Out for a Kill
Bring It On Again
Kart Racer
Project Gotham Racing 3
Enter The Matrix
One Tree Hill
America's Next Top Model
Punk'd
Dawson's Creek
Roswell
Access Hollywood
Dead Rising 2, used in the boss battle against psychopath characters Reed and Roger.
Pump It Up Pro 2
Death Race 2
Jaegarn 5 - Enemy of the State
KickBeat
World Extreme Cagefighting

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 2, 2024