Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Angry Weatherman posted:

What's that song by Morrissey/The Smiths with the lyrics, "I will be in the bar / with my head on the bar," this is driving me crazy.

"The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get" off the album Vauxhall & I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Dr. Citan Uzuki posted:

I'm trying to find a song that samples Eric B. & Rakim's Paid In Full. I'm thinking a 90's pop song. I've googled and can't for the life of me figure it out. :mad:

If you mean it samples the beat I have a couple guesses

PM Dawn - Set Adrift on Memory Bliss
EMF - Unbelievable

I don't know if either one actually uses a sample but they sound very very close.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Mr. Mojo Risin posted:

I've had this ridiculous song stuck in my head all week and I've just found time to try and figure out what it is.

I believe the song is pretty old, probably sometime in the '60s. It has an insanely catchy lick played throughout the song, and I can't recall any lyrics just the little riff. It was played on a really cool instrument, but again I forget what. Possibly one of those little toy pianos or maybe some kind of reed instrument, but it wasn't anything typical.

I believe its something along these lines if it helps any.

Thanks so much in advance!

Sounds like it might be "She's a Rainbow" by the Rolling Stones.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

McBryce posted:

I'm pretty sure the song I would like identified is from the mid 90s.

The only thing that I really remember from it is that it is a female singer and, rather than lyrics, it starts off with "do do do de do do do de do de duh duh de duh de duh." That is the best way I can translate the melody into words. I'm also pretty sure that when the lyrics start they follow the same melodic pattern as the dos and des.

Hopefully somebody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

guruant posted:

Ok, I've been trying to find out what song this is for about 2 years. I've only heard 3 times on the radio, yet I still can't identify it. So here's a description:

It's definately a classic rock song. At least that's what I believe.

The beginning of this mystery song has guitar playing that sounds familiar to the playing that starts about 25 seconds into this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLTumk3OXMg). You know with that asian kind of flare I guess.

The chorus sounds like "And it hurts, and it hurts, and it hurts" and continues with that a couple times. At least, that's what it sounds like.

Some of the other lyrics in the song may include "fire lights your eyes" or "world slows you down". For some reason it reminds of the Flock of Seagulls.

If you tell me what this song is I'll love you forever internet stranger.

Not remotely classic rock, but from the description it sounds like Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

TouchyMcFeely posted:

Here's a throw back - I remember seeing a music video in the late 80's or early 90's that had a baby boy as a singer. The video had him rolling around in a stroller wearing sunglasses with a super-hot mom while schmoozing all the little baby girls.

The song was total gibberish other than the word "Baby" and it was irritating as gently caress.

Any ideas what it was called or where I could find it?

Jordy - Dur Dur D'etre Bebe

haha I should not be admitting that I know this.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

alcoholiday posted:

Also, what's that really happy sounding, fast Cure song with the upbeat synth line? Not "Close to Me,"- it's more of a sawtooth wave. I think it's from their later stuff but I'm not sure. It's almost pop-punky but kind of dancy too and it might have a I-V-VI-IV chord progression or something similar. I've gone through their top 50 on last.fm and I'm pretty sure it's not any of those.

Wrong Number maybe?

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

captainsteve posted:

I'm thinking of a 60's? surfer type song sung by one or more girls...and somewhere in it it has the "wah wah wah" sound.

I really cant remember the lyrics except for words like "wonder why", "daddy just a trick" something something quick. Yeah, poo poo example I know but I'm hoping thats good enough. Any ideas? From what I remember the song was about some girl telling off a guy and warning him about something.

You're probably thinking of Chick Habit by April March, it's on the Death Proof soundtrack.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

einTier posted:

OK, this one should be pretty easy. I know the name of the song, it's Spin Spin Sugar by Sneaker Pimps.

However, there is one version I had that I really, really liked. It's this version found on YouTube.

Now the problem. I have several Sneaker Pimps albums and the Spin Spin Sugar remix EP, and this version isn't on any of them. I had the mp3 at one time, but I lost it in a hard drive crash years ago. Can anyone tell me which version this is?

Ha, I went through the same thing about 10 years ago with that song. It's called Spin Spin Sugar (Radio Edit) and it's not on any releases that I know of. I got it off Napster way back when.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

MC Scrillz posted:

Anyone know the song playing in this movie trailer? I"ve heard it before, but i can't for the life of me identify it.

It starts about 2/5th of the way into the trailer, or just go half-way and it will already be playing.

Link

Le Tigre - Deceptacon

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Impulsive posted:

This song just recently re-appeared in my head, and I can't remember what the hell it is. I can only remember the chorus-ish party, it went:

"Ride ride, baby, ride ride....blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure the word there is ride, but it could be something else.

Any help?

Sounds like "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Three Red Lights posted:

Nope thats not it.

The band is playing inside a diarama or something, the singer has an odd girly voice and the general style is slightly overdramatic, in that kind of Placebo/Muse-ish way with campy falsetto.

Shudder to Think - X-French Tee Shirt

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

The Leck posted:

I heard a great song on a jukebox last night, and couldn't figure out what it was.. It sounded a lot like "Let's Twist Again" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5PqydMA1kA ) but was clearly more modern, a little distorted, and had some indistinct vocals. It sounded a little like something that the Exploding Hearts might do, but less extreme. I know this isn't much to go on, but does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Just a guess: Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

a pwn cocktail posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpEF0QZe2g

At three minutes.... That riff. What is it reminding me of!? I think up until 3:06 it's identical, before deviating from the one in my head. I've a feeling the original is a classic rock song. Maybe led zeppelin or pink floyd? I really have no idea. :(

Sounds to me like New Dawn Fades, though in particular it sounds more like Moby's version.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So I heard this song on LL Cool J's Sirius XM channel, and now over a day later I remember it and want to hear it again but I can't remember what it was called, just that it's got a single-syllable title, the vocals shift whenever they hit that title, the artist has a single-word name, and it fits that channel's classic hip-hop focus.

I wish I could say anything more specific than that, but that's why I'm losing it over here.

Random guess but Fabolous - Breathe?

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wish, but unfortunately not. The beat was definitely closer to Neutron Dance, fast like that. But like everyone else's suggestions, I still appreciate the help. I wish I had more to give you to go on.

?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI0a9hTh5AU

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

A Forest is preceded on the album by a spooky piano instrumental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdNoXILb4U

Probably not this, but A Night Like This opens with a fading-in piano riff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGzDYVE8H4

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

rollick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWb62PwWqsM

The chorus of Dynamic Calories by Stephen Malkmus reminds me of some older song I can't recall.

I think it's some classic rock staple -- my first thought was Night Moves by Bob Seger. It's not that, but maybe something like it?

It's the part that goes "Times are gonna change, you will be amazed", starting around 1.02 in the video.

Domo Arigato Mister Roboto?

Edit: or Come Sail Away?

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

McSpanky posted:

This has been driving me crazy ever since I heard it, it's what Lurch is playing in this episode of The Addams Family at about 4:55 (you can watch for free): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505417/?ref_=ttep_ep20

I've been through literal hours of european folk music on youtube and I haven't found it yet, halp

Brahms - Hungarian Dance No. 5

Bonus scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtDFTUm370&t=70s

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Awake on my airplane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MAHQhKe7Q

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

A Maze of Clouds posted:

1. A group of young Japanese men in a room. One of them is wearing panties, he is swinging his butt around. They're all laughing. Then they send the panties to a man in Germany, with a photo of an Japanese woman.

Stereo Total – Wir Tanzen im Viereck

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Bucky Fullminster posted:

A little blast from the past came on the radio today and when I tried to Shazam the phone took over the audio.

but it starts with some story telling in a minor key, “they were arguing” or something like that, then the Chorus comes in with a rising riff and something like “anyone can see the SHAdows falling and ALL da dum dum”

Feel like it should be gettable..

Edit - to be clear, pretty sure those aren’t the actual words

Fastball - The Way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Zogo posted:

A woman with R&B vocals singing a drawn-out chorus repeating something like "It's the [three syllable word] [one syllable word]" a couple of times. Or maybe "It's the [two syllable word] [one syllable word] [one syllable word]."

Later a guy does hip-hop vocals. I'm 100% sure something about "hustlers" and something that rhymes with hustlers. Maybe busters?

It has to be popular because I've heard it on the radio a few times recently. I'm confident it's 1990s or newer.

?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Epx5FMQP7c