Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Hijinkz posted:

I've tried googling the lyrics but no luck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk5xfK0ovrk&t=3m55s

I did better ;)
http://grooveshark.com/s/If+You+Ever+Change+Your+Mind/1zKFSi?src=5
Ella Fitzgerald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Hey this has bugged me forever so maybe someone will pick up on my crap description, but what's that slightly spooky 'fairy dreamland' music that comes up all the drat time - I think it's a classical piece, all swooping strings and some higher-pitched instruments like bells or a harp doing descending runs. That might not even be right but hopefully someone knows what I'm getting at, it's really really famous and common

nyewwww nyew nyeeeew nyew nyeew nyaaaaaaawwwww

and then a slow descending part

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

breadcrumb trail posted:

Could be L'aquarium

You're the winner! Thank you forever

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

deepshock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0G8XyE3Sc

I can't find this song anywhere else and can't find its title or written lyrics anywhere period. Surely one of you might have heard it elsewhere. I like what I've heard a lot and I'm interested in finding it in its entirety, as opposed to just a clip used as background music.

The chorus (well the 'jump jump' hook) is basically Jump Around by House of Pain, I couldn't find any lyrics from the clip either but maybe it's an original for the game (about the only original assets by the look of things)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Steve Holt! posted:

Is ... is that a Chinese knockoff of TF2? :psyduck:

How on earth did you get that idea!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Probably not at all but hey, City of Motors by Soul Coughing?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

ThaGhettoJew posted:

He's kind of just singing an E and then going up a major(?) fifth to C. Unfortunately there are a lot of songs that do that. Does the song you're thinking of do that at the end of lines too, or just have that same interval? (Help me out, music theorists.)

It's a minor 6th - I think part of the sound is that it's in a major key and starts on the tonic, then it walks down to the 6th which gives it a melancholy minor sound, then jumps a minor 6th up to the 4th which kinda makes it soar and leads back happily to the tonic again. Going from the 4th (IV) to the tonic (I) is common so you'll hear a lot of lines ending on that IV.

That song really reminds me of something but I can't think what, for some reason I'm thinking of a Radiohead song from The Bends but I can't quite remember.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Pablo Gigante posted:

Oh yeah, it totally sounds like Nice Dream actually

Nice work, pardner! :hfive:

Elohssa Gib posted:

I was watching this movie on animal performers called It's Showtime on Netflix Instant and they played a song that I liked but I can't find what it is called.
The lyrics for the first verse and chorus are:
Old man Jenkins had a cat, he lost his cat one day. and when he couldn't find his cat you'd hear old Jenkins say "Here, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy(x5), where is that gosh-darned cat!?

You can hear the song at about 25 minutes into the movie. If anyone could tell me the title and artist I would be thrilled.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZfSBKgp6WQ

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 28, 2011

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Dogo posted:

Ok this is a longshot. I heard a song when I went out to lunch a couple days ago and now I must figure out what it was. Only problem is I cant remember the lyrics :(

It sounded like it was from the 80s.. maybe early 90s. It was a very upbeat love song, but not the sappy kind. It was basically this guy singing about this girl and how she was so amazing and he wanted to show her off to everyone and he kept describing all the different ways that she was so awesome.

I have tried my hardest to search but the term "love song" just brings up all kinds of sappy and slower songs. This was definitely quick and upbeat sounding. A better way to describe it might be a "Crush" song or "Check out my new girlfriend" song.

I know its not a lot to work with. I will be amazed if someone can figure this out.

Not She's So Lovely is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABNEjPxWEg&ob=av3e

And can you remember if the lyrics were about the girl ('she's this and that'), or if they were sung at her? ('You're so bla bla.') That might help

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

SSJ Reeko posted:

I've an entire track stuck in my head from some video game, but for the love of me I can't pinpoint what. This is gonna be vague as poo poo, and I'm sorry.

It has this violin that goes kinda high, but mostly keeps at this level, steady, kinda quick pace. Then something that sounds like low-fi trumpets comes up and plays it's own thing, while the violin is still going. So you have the two going on at once, and it all sounds like it's building up to something, with gradially higher notes until it goes back to just the violin.

The whole thing has a sense of "dramatic building up", but it doesn't ever climax. It's violin, then some trumpety sounds (I don't think it's from an SNES game, the violin seems too clear) that escilate and escailate until it caps off with a return to that steady violin. It's only about 30-45 seconds long, and it ends with a fade out. It might have been a playstation game from the low-fi-ish sounds of the trumpets, but I could be completely wrong. It's PROBABLY from an RPG, but again, I can't be sure.

It sounds like something you'd hear getting ready for a mission, or when you're about to fly a plane. Build up really is the way to describe it. I thought it was an Ace Combat song at first, but I looked through 5's soundtrack and it isn't there. It's crystal clear in my head but I can't name it at all. It's driving me batty.

Not something from Tomb Raider is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13WYZzauXMM
There's a few similar ones on there

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Reive posted:

It's weird it sounds just like it, but the exact part from the clip doesn't seem to be there, either way excellent song. Nevermind, wasn't paying attention, definitely it.
The second definitely isn't Primus, I'd know Primus, besides I should have mentioned it but the second had female vocals, I just couldn't get a capture of it.

I was gonna say this but female vocals huh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T1DFvi1wHo&t=118s

Real shot in the dark there but the beat sounds similar (what I can hear of it), the vocals are before that part I linked (some dude vocals too)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

global tetrahedron posted:

This isn't gonna work at all but I was at a friend's place and they had like the oldies channel on the Comcast cable TV channels, I remember the song was lke 1963ish as far as it's release date, I think the guy was named Billy something and it was cool doo-wop oldies pop kinda thing. I dunno, I'm probably going to go insane trying to remember but what's the point. The song title was about five words long.

Any of these look familiar?

http://www.allmusic.com/search/artist/billy

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

louvinbrother posted:

What's the name of the Residents song used in this video? It never lists the title of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvRA1QjDLE&feature=related

Sinister Exaggerator? I just googled the lyrics

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

a pwn cocktail posted:

Please tell me what the opening 25 seconds in this video are!? http://www.shacknews.com/article/71246/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-for-the-awesome-leaps-onto-steam

It might be from the game itself - I played a demo of the original and it had some vaguely similar chit-chat over the 'now buy me' credits

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Some site once posted a few albums of muzak called things like Productivity, it was made to be piped over loudspeakers into offices and on factory floors to make people work better. Wish I could find it because those were perfect

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Not exactly low tempo or mentioning oceans, but maybe About The Movies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8brvFTYXE

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Sounds like the vocal line from the chorus of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjw92oUduEM

Not the same song (I thought it was someone poking about at a synth on stage at first) but hey sometimes the smallest clues end up helping

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

ShutteredIn posted:

Your link isn't very helpful to those of us that don't read japanese.

We just get a login button and a register button, so yeah - not a lot most of us can do!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Isn't that a Tool video? I seem to remember a video like that which was kinda white and bright, with the two people pulling pieces off each other like one of those medical cross-section dummies or something. I had a quick look around Youtube's awesome 240p collection of Tool videos but I can't spot the one I'm thinking of

e: actually now I've found a watchable version it's the first one I thought of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I6pFbwhWU
Not bright like I thought so maybe I'm confusing it with something else

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 30, 2012

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Horatio TB irdbath posted:

yes that is almost definitely what I am thinking of!!!! Fits perfectly with the image in my head.

Yeah now I think about it, I'm definitely thinking of a different video than the one I just posted - the bright one was something like two people facing each other, like taking turns to peel pieces off each other, but I can't remember what it is. If it's not a Tool video I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected somehow

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It didn't, but maybe this? He's sandy and he puts his shoulder blob in a jar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw

Hell just watch through all the Tool videos, they're all kinda made up of the same elements so chances are you'll find one that looks similar anyway :v:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I upgraded my google-fu to google-funk, unh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM87BcuRuYI

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

One guy says:

quote:

La canción se llama "City Of Shines", BBC dice que fue hecha especialmente para el anuncio... pero no he encontrado forma de descargarla

Which I think is basically 'the song is called "City of Shines", the BBC says that it was made specially for the anouncement... but I haven't found this version to download' or something like that. There's people on Facebook complaining you can only download an instrumental version, and there's no sign of the lyrics elsewhere on the internet (plus other versions of the video have the Ellie Goulding song 'Lights' instead) so it kinda looks like it was specially commissioned

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah honestly that loud ragtimey bit sounds like something a pro could easily transcribe, and then use that for looking it up

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Crowd Source Investigation

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cemetry Gator posted:

This song has been driving me mad. The lyrics I can remember are "gonna give you all of my love" and something about a guarantee.

However, I can remember the melody, which is why it is so maddening. Thanks to Tindeck, I can give you guys that melody.

http://tindeck.com/listen/gvya

It sounds like a late 80s/ early 90s pop song, it has some horns, and the vocals are sung by a high-pitched male.

Hopefully this will help you guys since the internet is letting me down right now.

This cover of the Zepplin song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHTuPhkWjo

Starring the Pearl & Dean ba ba ba ba baaa theme

e: I just noticed your link and I guess it's not!

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 29, 2012

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It's also massively improved by doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaIAlO06yTI

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

http://www.allmusic.com/search/all/she%27s+not+there

Any of those?
The Crowded House one sounds about the closest, not that it exactly sounds like Massive Attack or anything. Same as above, most of them are either Santana-style latin rock versions or straight covers

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Sounds more like something by Smash Mouth or Puddle of Mudd or something

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

If there's one thing The Chain needs it's more cowbell

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Lonely Virgil posted:

There's this song I heard years ago, it was from some two man indie-pop group with a chick and a dude and the song was made from everyday sounds. The music video was a stop motion of the things that they used to make the song. It had chimes and poo poo.
Some Pomplamoose thing?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

bettsta posted:

I'm looking for a song that might have been in a trailer or some kind of workout montage scene. It starts with three trumpet notes (or some kind of brass, I'm not sure) that goes "baah bah BAH" and the percussion comes in on the last BAH. I could've sworn it was in Ocean's Eleven or something like it, but I'm trying to go back and find it and have no clue. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

The Rocky theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

If you're looking for genres, delta blues might point you in the right direction

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Allen Wren posted:

Be sure to flip the recording backwards to hear what Jeff Lynne is saying at that point. It walks the border between pretentious and hilarious.

Having seen a documentary on him, I'd shy away from pretentious - he sounds like an ordinary guy who can't believe his luck, like he's won a competition in a magazine or something.

"Wow it's the Beatles! Blummin' brilliant!!"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

If you mean on the TV, that looks like way too much effort to have as a bit of background scenery. It looks professionally shot and edited, so I reckon it's someone the makers know and they wanted to give them a bit of visibility or something. Something about the buildings makes me think of Eastern Europe, maybe a punk band, but I'm really speculating here!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yggdrassil posted:

This isn't actually about identifying a song, but a genre. Under what genre would this be classified?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiFMVWXcPFc

I was thinking in some kind of underground, metropolitan jazz, or something like that :)
Thanks in advance!

I don't know my genres too well but it reminds me of Miles Davis's version of Round Midnight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3SE3zEVP0
So whatever you'd call his style at that time. Not exactly the same of course, but it has that quiet, atmospheric downtempo thing going on

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The F# / G shifting reminds me of Cherub Rock, but honestly a lot of the 'signature moments' (like that low 2nd-4th-root movement) are pretty simple so you'll probably hear them somewhere. What you have is pretty barebones, so if you're worried you're ripping someone off then don't be! It happens all the time, if you've come up with a riff and something similar looms up out of the past, either say gently caress it and make it your own, or build on it until you're happy. If you're just curious about what it's reminding you of, that's cool

Also that sounds a lot like me playing. You're definitely ripping me off

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

the posted:

I saw a music video once on youtube of an early electronic single, very early 90s rave style music. I think it was from England, and it was something like "rave" and "generation" or something similar. Anyone?

I think that's all of them

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Qwertyiop25 posted:

I'm looking for a song I heard on pandora a few days ago. It was an older hip hop song detailing various ways to scam money. One of the verses talked about switching ID's with someone and opening up credit cards in each others names. It's probably a well known song but I've been googling for over an hour with no luck :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjSq4HqP9Y

Hell Yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Or maybe the Dandy Warhols guy singing Bohemian Like You?