Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

I'm looking for a hardcore punk song that has someone angrily whispering "I'm gonna beat you up when I'm done/through..." under the opening riffs? This might have been a live track, but I'm not totally positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Atticus_1354 posted:

Does anyone know the song in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-66AcTo9TU

Moby - "Natural Blues"

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

This was a song from about 4 years back. It was a real simple song with female vocals, and it sounded like it was a duo. One of the lines went like, "Doo wop, doo wop wop baby, I might play a ukelele."

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

TVC 15 posted:

I was fooling around listening to AM radio one night and I heard a cover of the Beatles' "The Fool On The Hill," only it was very 50's, and from what I recall, doo-wop-y, with women singing.

Thanks if anyone knows what I'm talking about!

Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66, perhaps?

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Galad Eversor posted:

I've been trying to find out the name of this song for a couple weeks now. The only part I remember is where the guy goes "do do do do do do.... woaaah". I'm fairly certain it's a 90's song.

Extensive googling has shown me there are a lot of songs using do and woah. One of the more frustrating ones to find is a song called do's and woah's.

Just for reference here's what it sounds like.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65652097/sample.mp3

Annie Lennox - "No More I Love You's"

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Artem posted:

Its an old rock song, used in tons of movies and commercials I bet. Its something like "whoa and theres a mountain" or "theres a mountain in front of me". Sorry for being so vague but thats all i remember

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" by Jimi Hendrix

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

HThomp3120 posted:

This song I remember from the early-mid 90's. It has someone that sounds like MJK jr. giving a passionate speech over the music. Very mellow. theres a piano. And there is a white sounding guy mumbling the lyrics and sings:

doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo

I know, not very descriptive but I hope I can ring a bell.

"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In my Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods (the "speech" is a sample of a B.B. King song)

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

More of a "help me identify a sample."

Does anyone know where the chanting at the beginning of "Dead Womb" by Death From Above 1979 was taken from?

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

_minty posted:

Crystal Castle - Untrust Us
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGOiIfih8Ls

No, Crystal Castles sampled DFA79. "Dead Womb" came out in '02 or so.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

The bit in the DFA song is from some text-to-speech program that I forget the name of. My friend had it on his computer and was trying to figure out exactly what they had put into the program to make it say what it said. La cocaine etc etc. I would recommend trying some different text-to-speech programs.

No kid? I'll have to try that out sometime.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Fritzler posted:

This one is pretty vague. Its a hip hop song. Its a girl kind of singing over the vocals, with a guy sometimes also saying stuff, and sometimes there is the song of a weapon shooting, I think it does 6 or 8 shots in a row a few times. I don't remember alot, except that I really liked it. Sorry.

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.?

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Got one less-foreign one. There was a singer-songwriter being interviewed on KUT in Austin, who played a really minimalist, slightly peppy piece about how much better life is when you stop smoking weed. It was almost vaguely Dr Seuss-esque, very rapid interlaced patter, etc.

The tagline went something like "Life is pretty groovy when you stop doin' weed." It was a catchy song, Google has failed me, but I'd like to hear it again.

The singer sounds like it could be Jad Fair. Can't help with the song, though.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Anorak Revolution posted:

Ok.

I am fairly sure that this band is from the UK. They look like they are in the very early 20s. They sound like they were very influenced by twee/indie pop (the poppier Sarah Records stuff, as well as Orange Juice and others). I can't remember any of the lyrics.

The video happens in a recording studio, I'm fairly sure that both a guy and a girl are singing the vocals. I think they are at least 5 or 6 in the band. There is a keyboard involved. During the video, "cutesy" things start to happen. I seem to remember things like unicorns popping up or what the gently caress ever. Plenty of color, etc... It works really well with the song actually, and doesn't look nearly as dreadful as on paper.

I seem to remember it was very catchy, and I saw that video within the last year or so.

"Death to Los Campesinos!" by Los Campesinos!

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Pweller posted:

A few years ago I saw this video on muchmusic, it was a pretty simple concept, cameraman sits in centre of circle of girls and pans around, girls are playing telephone, evolves into making out.

Simian Mobile Disco - "Hustler"

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

I overheard this song a couple times on the Sirius indie station recently, but I didn't catch the title or artist. It was a simple, upbeat pop song with a bouncy rhythm. The thing that stuck out was the rhythm was played on a either a steel drum or a synth that sounded like one. More than likely it's a song from this year.

Kinda vague, but I'm sure somebody knows what I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

No, BUT...

your avatar jogged my memory and I remembered the DJ saying the song was by "The Very Best." I did an itunes search and sure enough, it's their song "Warm Heart of Africa."

Internet works in mysterious ways!