Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
I heard this song at the gym and I've searched the internet in vain trying to find it. It's a mix of Hip-Hop and Blues music. More of a clash since it seems to switch between the two genres. One of the blues lyrics was "grew up in Mississippi". He talks about traveling around the world and mentions Saudi Arabia at one point. At the end, rap guy says something to the affect of "you're the greatest, pops."

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006

Erebus posted:

Nas - Bridging the Gap

Nailed it! Thank you!

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
Okay Goons, maybe you can help me. I’m searching for this hip-hop/rap music video, which I actually discovered through these very forums.

I don’t know the lyrics, but the content had to do with a guy having a back and forth with a hoe working at the club. He says something ignorent about the life she lives, and then the song switches to her prospective and voice, with her talking about the harshness and loneliness of her life, and that she’s actually a single mother trying to keep her child fed.

I remember that at the end of the video, the woman gets groped, she loses it, and runs out of the nightclub/strip Club/photo studio she’s at, then hurries home and tearfully hugs her child. She puts up with this lifestyle to make sure that her child has it better than her - that’s her motivation.

I remember it being an intense, emotionally devastating track, and I’d love to hear it again. Goons, any idea what that song’s called?

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Is it City High - What Would You Do? It certainly ticks off a lot of the boxes https://youtu.be/LahcSFleKm8

YES. That’s the track! Thank you!