Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gajarga
Nov 5, 2006

PBCrunch posted:

I recently took the plunge on using whole-disk encryption on my Fedora install. Everything works, but is there some way to request a reboot (or something close to a reboot) that doesn't require that I trot my happy rear end to wherever the computer is to type the encryption key before the machine will boot up?

You can also try starting up a little dropbear sshd before the mounting so you can ssh in to unlock it. There are few examples online like this seemingly maintained one https://github.com/gsauthof/dracut-sshd specifically for fedora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gajarga
Nov 5, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

What's the least bad solution for huge file transfers over high bandwidth high latency WAN connections? Must be encrypted of course.

Ssh and anything tunneled through ssh is still dog slow if latency is high. Webdav? Implicit ftps? Usage case is gigabit+ connections on each end but >100ms latency.

How huge, how many files, how often?

Gajarga
Nov 5, 2006

Noslo posted:

edit to clarify: When I install those things, I have to elevate to root, and then they seem to install in the root directory with root permissions

Are you using npm to install these? When you say 'have to' is it npm saying it can't write to where it wants to?

Gajarga
Nov 5, 2006

xzzy posted:

I tried getting traefik to work for some web services in our OKD cluster and was unable to get it to do anything useful. It's very possible I am a giant idiot though.

I got a static config file with nginx working in an hour. :iiam:

traefik has(had?) a documentation problem where there was a ton of poorly labeled v1 docs littering up everywhere and they did a lot breaking changes to config for v2, so even if you were reading good looking stuff you might have just been lead astray of valid configs

Gajarga
Nov 5, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

code:
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1       7,1T  2,8T  1,6T  65% /mnt/Storage
Something doesn't quite add up here :thunk:

If you have something running that's still using 'deleted' files the space isn't free'd till it lets go. If you do something like

code:
sudo lsof | grep DEL
you might find something hoarding the dead