Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

percocets
Nov 6, 2006

by Lowtax
i'm having trouble installing ubuntu. I have the boot disc, but whenever I try to run Ubuntu from the disc my computer won't load anything but a blank salmon-colored screen and a cursor. Is the computer frozen, or is there something I should be doing when that screen comes up??

Sorry if this is a retarded question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

percocets
Nov 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Twinxor posted:

Try the alternate install disc - it installs Ubuntu in a text-mode installer that should work on more systems. What kind of computer are you using?

Thanks. Computer is a Dimension 2400, and to be honest I don't know the specs, as I just rescued it from the dumpster at work for the purpose of putting Linux on and playing around. I'm assuming 128 mb ram, and the hard drive is like 30 gigs.