Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Mans Randbrick
Feb 18, 2007

Is there any advantage in using cedega over wine that makes it worth forking out :10bux: ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Mans Randbrick
Feb 18, 2007

I'm trying to use Rhythmbox for sharing via DAAP, but I'm having problems. I can see a list of users, but can't access any of their files. How do I get this to work?

Poor Mans Randbrick
Feb 18, 2007

I logged into my ubuntu feisty partition after a long period without using it and I'm having a few problems. Whenever I login I get this error message:

and I'm not sure why this is happening, or what it does.

I'm also having problems upgrading ubuntu, I keep getting this error:

Pretty sure that I don't have another package manager running, I tried restarting and attempting to upgrade a couple of times but this keeps popping up. What should I do?

Poor Mans Randbrick
Feb 18, 2007

teapot posted:

You have disabled ACPI in BIOS setup.

It's also possible that you have disabled it on the kernel command line in GRUB, but I guess, you would remember if you did.

I couldn't find ACPI settings in my BIOS setup, so I tried switching all my BIOS settings to their original default and I still get this error everytime I login.

Poor Mans Randbrick fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 15, 2007

Poor Mans Randbrick
Feb 18, 2007

I just bought a pair of USB headphones that work fine in my windows partition but don't work in ubuntu; the ubuntu forums couldn't help and googling turns up nothing but product placements. Anyone know how to get them to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Mans Randbrick
Feb 18, 2007

Scaevolus posted:

Manufacturer and model number would be useful.

Nexxtech, not sure about the model number.