Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Apologies if it's been asked before, but I need a good cd/media ripping app for kde. Or just in general, you know. I tried using k3b to rip a cd, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to rip to mp3s.
code:
lame -h --tt song --ta band --tl album --ty year etc.
I did install the gstreamer plugins if it makes any difference.

So. Any advice to make this work, or just an alternative app I can use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Ozean posted:

code:
lame -h --tt song --ta band --tl album --ty year etc.

but you know replace song with the song's name, band with the band's name, etc.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Quick question. I got a Sound Blaster Audigy SE this morning for christmas, and as I was putting it in and trying to get it to work, and I came across the fact that it's still not supported? I just was wondering if this was true, and if it isn't how I can get it to work, because on board audio is lame.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

I posted this over on the Ubuntu forums, but no one seems to have been able to help me yet, so maybe you guys can. I'm having some trouble with my ipod, see. Last night when I went to update it with Amarok, for some reason, it couldn't connect to my ipod. So I tried messing around with Amarok's settings for it, but to no avail. However, now when I plug my ipod in, it gives me this error:
Cannot mount volume
mount_point cannot contain the following character: newline, G_DIR_SEPARATOR (usually /)

It sounds simple enough, but I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Well no poo poo. I need to know how to change it is the thing. And also figure out why Amarok won't connect to it once it's mounted.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

covener posted:

mlabel in the mtools package would let you set a new VFAT partition label.

Cool. How do I do that?

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

covener posted:

You need more then the name of the command and the package that provides it?

Well I got the mtools packeage, but I don't know how to use mlabel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Alright gently caress the ubuntu forums, no one's helping me there. Maybe one of you guys can.

I'm trying to get MPD and Sonata to work together, and so far, it's all fine. I got my library, Sonata can access it, etc. But when I tried to actually play the music, it would start to, kind of (the song info would pop up and then go away immediately afterwards), and not play any music. I've already installed the dependencies necessary for it as far as I know. I've already installed the libao and zlib dependencies through synaptic, and all my music files are .mp3s, so I don't think I need any others for any other formats. So yeah, any idea?