Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggywaffles
Mar 18, 2009

KildarX posted:

I was thinking a script that happens x amount of seconds after boot up that

1) Creates a text file
2) echos what ever ifconfig would output [eth0 and wlan0] into it
3) uploads said file to a server

my problem is I don't know the syntax or if part two is possible, or if this is necessarily a good way of doing it. So I'm open to suggestions.

Not the approach id take, but you could do 1 & 2 in the same line with output redirection :

ifconfig -a > file.txt

Try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggywaffles
Mar 18, 2009
So who wants to build a bike shed?

soggywaffles
Mar 18, 2009

Janitor Prime posted:

Exactly, hell is other people's VPN software :(

openconnect > AnyConnect, iproute2 static and/or policy-based routes, maybe dnsmasq and you can make most lovely VPN configs work fine. Split tunnel and split tree however you want on the client side. Bonus points for doing it through config management.

No I do not want you to replace my default route just so I can access a few networks/hosts...