Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supernaut
Jan 14, 2001
I ain't hardly a dorkus.
What is a good PCMCIA wireless card, that is supported out-of-the-box in Linux (2.6 kernels) without additional firmware, and can do WPA / WPA2? I'm trying to find one for my laptop. 802.11b is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supernaut
Jan 14, 2001
I ain't hardly a dorkus.

TheHeadSage posted:

What are people's opinions on running a software RAID 5 on Linux with mdadm? I'm building a new server after my current file server is marching towards deaths door and my web/misc server is now the oldest PC in the house.

I did this for a year on my Athlon 64 computer, using the onboard Sil3114 controller and (4) 320GB drives. I didn't have any problems/corruption. I would suggest the XFS file system, since it preserves the most free space and is fast and stable: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/388