Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I'm running transmission-haugene inside a Docker container on a Raspberry Pi. I need the transmission client inside the container to be able to "see" my Synology NAS, which is an smb share on the LAN.

I started by creating a folder in /media and running
code:
sudo chown pi:pi -R /media/local/folder
Next I added
code:
//my-network-drive/path/path /media/local/folder cifs defaults,rw,uid=1000,gid=1000,vers=2.0,username=USER,password=PASS 0 0
to my fstab. But when I try to run
code:
sudo mount -av
I get

code:
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Any ideas? Am I going about this in a hamfisted and roundabout way? I should probably qualify by saying that I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing and am amazed I got the docker container to run in the first place. Also, the password has a semicolon in it, so I had to put it in single quotes in the command – is it parsing the single quotes somehow? – I can't see how that's possible even.

I can access the share fine from the Raspbian GUI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Yeah I should clarify, I was doing this all outside the container.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

code:
[ 5539.760517] Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[ 5539.760562] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[ 5539.760599] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

anthonypants posted:

What does mount -vvv -t cifs -o username=USER,password=PASS,domain=DOMAIN //my-network-drive/path/path /media/local/folder tell you?
code:
mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=219.69.69.69,unc=\\219.69.69.69\volume2,user=Kotex,prefixpath=Path,pass=********
mount error(95): Operation not supported
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Synology unit is set to 2.0 max, tried setting with vers=2.0. No luck.

I'm offering a :10bux: bounty for this issue.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 18, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Yeah, as shown in the error I posted – backslashes in the error message, forward slashes in my fstab.

I get mount error(22): Invalid argument when trying to mount using mount -av from fstab.

I get mount error(95): Operation not supported when trying to mount using the mount command, though sometimes I get the above error instead!

Just tried adding the sec=ntlm option, no luck :(

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 18, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

2:6.7-1.

The closest thing I've gotten to progress so far is to put this in my fstab (note the single quotes):

code:
'//219.69.69.69' '/local/folder/Here/' cifs username=Kotex,password=bigtittyhonkers,vers=2.0,sec=ntlm 0 0
Which returns this when I run sudo mount -av:

code:
/proc                    : already mounted
/boot                    : already mounted
/                        : ignored
Couldn't chdir to '/local/folder/Here/': No such file or directory
Obviously that directory does exist and I can cd to it just fine.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Adding the quotes was the only thing that could get me an error besides the ones listed above. I figured maybe it was parsing the slashes incorrectly. I'm just throwing poo poo at the wall now. Christ, why is this such a loving nightmare.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

code:
sudo mount -vvv -t cifs -o username=Kotex,password=bigtittyhonkers,sec=ntlm,ver=2.0 '//219.69.69.69/network/location' '/local/folder/Here'
Returns: mount error(22): Invalid argument, and in dmesg, CIFS: Invalid mount helper version specified.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

That thread is over a year old and if you scroll down, they note that they updated the kernel to support newer smb versions. I'm on the latest one.

anthonypants posted:

e: or could you use vers= instead of ver=?
code:
mount error(22): Invalid argument
:shepface:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Holy poo poo yessss I figured it out, here's what I had to put in fstab:

code:
//219.69.69.69/path /local/path/Here/ cifs credentials=/home/kotex/.smbcredentials,vers=2.0 0 0
Notes:

- For some reason I had to drop sec=ntlm.
- Synology doesn't put the volume name in the path – just the share name. So rather than doing //219.69.69.69/volume1/path, it should just be as above.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the billion poasts. Sorry about my posting. I am sorry

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 18, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Got an odroid c1+, installed the Ubuntu MATE image and trying to get my docker image to run. I get
code:
docker: Error response from daemon: Could not check if docker-default AppArmor profile was loaded: open /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/profiles: no such file or directory.
When I cd to /sys/kernel/security/apparmor, I can see that there is no profiles directory. When I try to make one I get "operation not permitted," even under su.

I hate this thing literally nothing runs right the first time.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Well...it didn't have auditd installed, so I installed it using apt-get. AppArmor is installed, but when I run sudo apparmor_status, I get:

code:
apparmor module is loaded.
Could not open /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/profiles: No such file or directory

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Well I switched to the ubuntu image after trying a minimal debian jesse image. The transmission-openvpn container would run under that, but it would throw "error: file too large" on the newest torrents before ceasing to respond altogether.

It's great that Raspbian runs this stuff without a hitch, save for the fact the network interface stops responding once a week and I have to pull the power, also that it's limited to USB 2.0 bus speeds.

Linux: There is always more and it is always worse

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn/blob/master/Dockerfile.armhf

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 27, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

evol262 posted:

Increase the max body size in the proxy config, since he hardcoded it. The other option is that the container is hitting memory limits and the proxy (which is in the same container for no good reason) is crapping out. Try "docker exec -it..." to get a shell and see what fell apart.

Kinda laughing at this huge pile of trash, though. "Container" which starts multiple services with over 9000 environment variables and random openvpn settings.

It's less convenient for you, but if it were me, I'd dump that ASAP and separate everything properly into a docker-compose setup. It's a learning experience, and it will actually work instead of throwing the kitchen sink at one container.
I'm not using the proxy, so that shouldn't be part of the problem right? How would I use docker exec -it to do that – just run dmesg once I'm in the shell? Sorry, I'm a huge noob (which also rules out docker-compose prolly.)

And am I totally hosed in terms of getting this thing running on the odroid? I wish I could figure out what was wrong, but its like each time I try a different distro I just get a new set of problems. Piiiiiiiiiiiss

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

If I use cp to copy a file between drives, then use control+z to issue SIGSTOP and bg to restart it, will I corrupt the output file?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hi I posted this in the android thread in IYG but it actually may be a better fit for this thread.

I have an AVIN replacement head unit for my BMW E92. This is just an Android tablet you install in your dash with some custom software to make it work with your car.

Mainly, I use it for wireless CarPlay. This functions through a USB adapter (which uses Bluetooth and wifi) and an app that communicates with it called AutoPlay.

Unfortunately, the tablet itself is constantly discoverable via Bluetooth and there is no way to turn that off through the UI. This causes issues with the wireless CarPlay USB adapter, namely, the audio skips like a bad CD.

Is there any way for me to permanently disable Bluetooth on the tablet, but not on the USB adapter? I assume I would have to do this through the terminal.

I tried asking AVIN's support but they are completely useless.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hmm that kinda looks like it would also disable Bluetooth on the USB adapter though. I'm trying to disable it just on the tablet...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Sounds like a pretty weird rear end hardware setup tbh if the USB adapter is anything but cable and maybe second Bluetooth transceiver. It's also running android?

But if you need to connect to an android device you use adb. If you can't get at it via USB you can wirelessly connect ADB bit I don't recall if that's just WiFi or Bluetooth as well.
I don't quite understand this post. The USB adapter is a no-name version of this, for reference: https://www.amazon.com/AutoKit-CarPlay-Wireless-Compatible-Connection/dp/B08ZKQ63CR/

So my question is, if I disable all bluetooth via adb using those commands, won't it also disable Bluetooth on that adapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The AVIN unit has its own bluetooth, which is the thing I'm trying to disable. All android head units require an external USB adapter for CarPlay, whether wired or wireless, which uses Bluetooth in either scenario. I won't pretend to understand why but that's how things work at the moment.