Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Im pretty new to Linux but im slowly learning. Im using Fedora 6 and almost everything is going fine but I cant get access to my second harddrive with all my music on it.

I think I see it in the filesystem under media (thats what I named it) but the folder is empty and only 5.8 gigs (should be 80). Im dual booting with XP and I can access the HDD. any thoughts?

also - are there any good a/v codec packs available? Im thinking something like defiler, I dont care really but I cant watch half the movies I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

thenameseli posted:

In a terminal (you may need to be root), run: mount /media (or whatever mount point it is). If this doesn't work, you need to fix your /etc/fstab. Google for fstab filesystem mount linux or something.

Nothing. I had to install some drivers to read NTFS drives and when I went to go look at what drives were available to mount I could only see the two other dual boot partitions (WinXP and Server 2003). The second harddrive is on the same IDE cable and the humper settings are set to slave so I dont know why fedora cant see it.

this command: /sbin/fdisk -lu /dev/hda | grep NTFS
code:
gave me these results
/dev/hda1   *          63    83891429    41945683+   7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda2        83891430   120085874    18097222+   f  W95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/hda5        83891493    96470324     6289416    7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda6        96470388    96679169      104391   83  Linux
/dev/hda7        96679233   120085874    11703321   8e  Linux LVM
hda1 and 5 are my windows partions and im guessing hda2 is the second harddrive but when I try to mount it Im told to specify a filesystem..

rugbert fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 17, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Smackbilly posted:

The second hard drive is /dev/hdb

The letter after hd identifies the physical drive, and the number identifies the partition. For example, hda3 is the third partition of the first drive, and hdb1 is the first partition of the second drive, etc.

Now, /dev/hda2 is an "extended" (Ext'd) partition, which is something that windows does to compensate for hardware limitations. It's basically a container for other partitions - you can't mount it. The information that you posted shows that your first hard drive (/dev/hda) has two real windows partitions (/dev/hda1 and /dev/hda5).

Look at the output of /sbin/fdisk -lu /dev/hdb, and see which partition describes itself as "HPFS/NTFS" - it's probably /dev/hdb1. That's where your music is.

YES! You just made my day!

I have 2 more questions but I wanna try to figure it out myself first but thank you so much! Not having my music is enough to make me go back to windows...

rugbert fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 18, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Anyone have anytips on how to install Nvidia GeForce fx 5200 drivers? Theyre listed in the yum but I used the GUI package updater because Im kinda nervous but got nothing but conflict errors... I wanna pretty up my desktop!

rugbert fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 25, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Smackbilly posted:

For me it was as simple as installing kmod-nvidia. Can you provide a bit more information, such as which distribution you are using (guessing FC6), which repository you are getting the drivers from, and exactly what conflict messages you are receiving?

Um Im using the yum repository (I think thats right Im still new at this) with Fedora Core 6. Heres whats available through yum tho:
code:
kmod-nvidia.i686                         1.0.9755-2.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia.i586                         1.0.9755-2.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx.i586                    1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx.i686                    1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx-PAE.i686                1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx-PAE-debug.i686          1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx-debug.i686              1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx-kdump.i686              1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-96xx-xen.i686                1.0.9631-4.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-PAE.i686                     1.0.9755-2.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-PAE-debug.i686               1.0.9755-2.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-debug.i686                   1.0.9755-2.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-kdump.i686                   1.0.9755-2.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy.i586                  1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy.i686                  1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy-PAE.i686              1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy-PAE-debug.i686        1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy-debug.i686            1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy-kdump.i686            1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-legacy-xen.i686              1.0.7184-3.2.6.20_1.29 livna           
kmod-nvidia-xen.i686 
tons of poo poo. and heres my error

[('package kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 is already installed', (2, None, 0L)), ('file /boot/System.map-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 from install of kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 conflicts with file from package kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', (7, '/boot/System.map-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', 0L)), ('file /boot/config-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 from install of kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 conflicts with file from package kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', (7, '/boot/config-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', 0L)), ('file /boot/symvers-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6.gz from install of kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 conflicts with file from package kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', (7, '/boot/symvers-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6.gz', 0L)), ('file /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 from install of kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 conflicts with file from package kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', (7, '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6', 0L))]

edit - actually i went through the GUI's add/remove software and installed xorg which grabbed the kmod driver..Im jsut trying to use some desktop effects and Im thinking if those wont work now then beryl wont either.

rugbert fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 26, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Smackbilly posted:

The front page of the livna repository website (https://rpm.livna.org) says that this error is actually due to a bug in the FC6 installer which installed the wrong kernel on your machine by accident. The fix instructions are here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common#head-e0676100ebd965b92fbaa7111097983a3822f143

Follow those instructions and then try installing kmod-nvidia again.

OK I ran this line
rpm -qa 'kernel*' --queryformat "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}\n"|sort

to list my kernel and got two results and a kernel headers thing. so Im not really feeling good about updating just yet. Infact, I wanted to ask someone about why there were two boot options for FC in my grub after I did the first system update.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Hey, does linux have a sweet spot when it comes to RAM like XP or vista?

Im gunna buy a laptop this week and I want to dedicate it to Linux but I dont know if I should spring extra money for a full gig of RAM since Im on a budget at the moment.

Also - Other than Unbuntu (I didnt like it when I tried it a few years back) whats a good flavor to put on a laptop?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
edit - I think I have gotten the proper drivers to install but i cant get the wireless on.

Do a lot of toggle switches NOT work with linux? I couldn't imagine so since its a hardware only thing right?

rugbert fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 27, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Ok so I returned my Acer laptop because the touchpad stopped working. But thats Ok, I had the biggest pain in the rear end time trying to get the wireless working in F7.

My question now is, if I were to get a pretty decent laptop (like an HP) would its extra features (like the media buttons on the side of the display ect) work under linux? I found out the hard way that soft touch wireless toggles do not work, and I dont want to waste my money.

actually I guess Im asking if I should bother putting linux on the laptop and possibly waste some cool features or keep vista on it, installing linux on my home machine.

rugbert fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 31, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

teapot posted:

kind of jaded about knowing more about linux than me.

Well madwifi doesnt support the wireless chipset I had and by the time I was ready to check out ndiswrapper the touchpad just stopped working (even in windows when I reinstalled) so I returned it and then decided to look around at more laptops.

From what I read on feforaforum the toggle button did more than just switch over to wireless, it actually turned the card on and off. So because I couldnt find any way for the switch to work I couldnt get my wireless to work at all.

Those are some good questions to look into tho, Ill keep them in mind.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

teapot posted:

According to http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility/Atheros AR5006EG chipset works with madwifi starting from February 24 2007 snapshot

My laptop used the AR5BXB63 chipset. according to the sticker..

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Is there a set of codecs I an download like defilerpak? I have VLC but some video files wont play, the actual video wont play but Ill get sound so Im hoping all I need is some new codec

Also - Whats a good iPod program? I was using ephPod with Wine but it was buggy and didnt save the playlists I made.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
I found this backup script on the ubuntu forums but I need someone to look at it

code:
tar cvpzf backup.tgz --exlclude=/backupmnt --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found --exclude=/backup.tgz --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/sys / /backup
Im trying to get a backup of the file system and have it saved to an external hdd which has been mounted at /backupmnt and so far it looks like its saving everything to the [strikeout]root[/strickout] the pwd.

what do I need to change so it saves it to /backupmnt?

rugbert fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 28, 2007

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Why doesnt cron run my backup script?

First off, the backup script I got from another thread here wont run from cron.daily for some reason. Other scripts run but my backup one will not run, which is kind of important. Heres the crontab:

quote:

# m h dom mon dow user command
25 3 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )

and the backup scrpt is in cron.daily

quote:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 140 2007-12-28 14:24 backup

am I just missing something obvious?

edit - heres the script
tar cvpzf /backupmnt/backup.tgz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found --exclude=/backupmnt --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/
media --exclude=/sys /

also - can I add anything to that script to add a time stamp to the file name?

rugbert fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 2, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

xdice posted:

[code]
cron stuff

Nice, thanks! Ill see how this works out. I know it would take a lot of disk space (and time) but my boss wants it done, so it'll have to stay this way for now.

chryst posted:

Someone covered your q about timestamping.

2 things to check. 1. Make sure the script is chmod +x. 2. Make sure the name is scriptname.cron

Not having scripts in the cron.x directories named .cron is a bug in some versions of the run-parts thing. Drove me nuts till I found that.

If you've got that covered, then can't tell you. Turn on cron logging, and see if it gives more info.

The file permissions are correct but after I try xdice's idea Ill try yours. Thanks!

rugbert fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 3, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Is there a thread/poll about which file system everyone uses?

I just got another external hard drive and its time to decide how Im going to format it.

I was just going to go for ext3 but I thought of two major problems. One, it wouldnt be able to be read or written to from windows (or at least it didnt when I was dual booting) if I take it to a friends. And two, XMBC is having issues connecting to it even tho SAMBA is all set up. I can access my external NTFS just fine but not the ext3.

And then after about an hour or reading about alternate file systems Im just confused because of all the mixed reviews. Should I start a new thread about this or should it go in here?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
I have some apt-get help. Running apt-get update seems to work but then when its gets 23% done I get errors like this:

quote:

Err http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Sources
Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty-security_multiverse_source_Sources - open (28 No space left on device)

edit - I ran df -i and found that the partition in question has used up all its inodes. I was thinking about editing the apt-get conf file to use an empty partition but I cant seem to find it!

rugbert fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 12, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

bitprophet posted:

Er. If the partition your /var is on is out of inodes I think you have a bigger problem than trying to get apt to store its information elsewhere :v: and that besides, I'm not sure if you can have apt put things elsewhere, given how integral it is to the OS. Some reading of the man pages should clear that up pretty quickly, though, at any rate. I'm guessing that if it is possible it'd require a recompile of apt, which would be rather nontrivial, again considering how integral it is to your system configuration.

I was looking over var today and apache has like a trillion cached files in it. This web server uses aapche and zope to serve and manage their web files.

I know nothing about zope or how it stores files but running find on a file I know is on the site points me to one of the many cached folders...so Im afraid to delete anything just yet.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
So apache has completely used up all my inodes on one of my partitions. Looking at it shows that the mod_disk_cache folder is the culprit. Can I delete everything in there or would that not be good for the server?

Looks like its just a a bunch of empty folders with FEW contents. Ive already made a copy of the directory and was about to empty it and see if the server goes down but I figured Id ask first...

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

covener posted:

htcacheclean is the tool for maintaining mod_disk_cache.
Man this tool blows. Im running it for about an hour while counting files in that directory in another terminal every few minutes and yea the file number is just increasing.

does htcacheclean just delete these files? I could just have cron clean out that directory once a day or something.

rugbert fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 13, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

covener posted:

Did you tell it to daemonize or something? There's not a lot of code there.

No, I wanted it to run through once before for I put it on a schedule. I should mention that there is about 6.5 gigs of cache files. But over an hour with no output? Seems a bit long.

Apparently this thing is supposed to start with apache but lot of time it can get turned off for various reasons. The start command didn't seem to work tho.

I just went ahead and cleaned out the folder myself and Ill run apt-get today, maybe theres and update to fix it or something. It doesn't look like this server has been updated in a long time.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Can someone tell me what virtual packages are?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
does anyone have any experience sharing files between ext3 and XMBC using samba? When I try to connect Im prompted for a password even tho I never set one up. I forget the command I used but I invoked a no username/password needed command for samba.

I can however access the data off my external NTFS drives tho.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Oh wow, I just upgraded my kernel and Im immediately noticing a HUGE speed boost when surfing the internet. Ive always thought there to be a noticeable difference in browsing speeds between XP and Linux.

Anyways, how can I go about changing the boot/login images?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Grey Area posted:

What distribution are you using? The GDM/KDM control panel should be installed by default on most distros. For GNOME systems it's called gdmsetup

Ubuntu has a program called startupmanager that can change your boot settings. I don't know about other distros.

Fedora 7. Well I want to use my own images, not the installed themes.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Is anyone familiar with Zope?

I need to know where it stores its web documents so I can get webalizer working but I cant seem to find them anywhere (and is also listed as a virtual package I asked about earlier).

apache.conf has this include:
Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

and that file contains nothing but virtual host entries all with DocumentRoot
/var/www/mysite.rugbert.com/html

so should I assume thats where the documents are being server from? Cause they aren't there. Im just trying to get webalizer to dum its output in the same place the documents served from.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

Zope serves documents out of its own data store. That data store is kept in your Zope site's "instance home" under the 'var' directory with the name Data.fs. It's a big-rear end ZODB blob.

You have a couple options... since you're running Zope behind Apache, you could us an Alias statement to make a special http://www.domain.com/stats URL that gets served from Apache while the rest of http://www.domain.com still gets served through Zope.

There are also external filesystem objects that you can put into your Zope site that are able to reference files on the actual filesystem, but those are generally better for static data... probably not appropriate for Webalizer reports since they change and grow with each run.

Third option is to find a way to push the Webalizer output into Zope's database itself. You generally can do that via FTP or WebDAV.

That said, I'd suggest the Alias approach as the ideal one... the other two would only be for exceptionally weird circumstances.

That help any?

so I added this line
Alias /webalizer "var/www/mysite.rugbert.com/webalizer"

so going to http://mysite.rugbert.com/webalizer would bring me to the stats page webalizer created? Because it doesn't seem to work

also - Should this line be in the apache.conf file or the site-enabled/referenced file?

rugbert fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 20, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

Should be in the sites-enabled config snippet. That's included in apache.conf, but it's cleaner to put the Alias along with the rest of the site config, and if you're using VirtualHost definitions it's pretty much required.

yes that was a typo.

ok so in the apache2/site-enabled/mysite.rugbert.com file (where all the virtual host information is) I added
code:
        Alias /webalizer/ "/var/www/mysite.rugbert.com/webalizer/"
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteLog "/var/log/apache2/rewrite.log"
        RewriteLogLevel 0
but it doesnt work. I just get the the 404 page the site uses.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

I think you're still missing some parts... or I am not clear on the rest of your Apache config. First of all, is the 404 page you're getting served out of Zope? Sounds like it is... that's definitely an indicator that the rewrite isn't working. From the snippet you posted, I can see why - all you did was turn the engine on, but you didn't give it any rules.

But here's the thing - I would have expected RewriteEngine to already be on in order for Apache to sit in front of Zope. Can you post the chunk of Apache config where it's wired up to serve the Zope content? If it's not a Rewrite thing, I'd guess it's a ProxyPass setup.

Ok thanks, Ill post it on Monday. I was really hungover most of today so I didn't feel like computering today.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

I think you're still missing some parts... or I am not clear on the rest of your Apache config. First of all, is the 404 page you're getting served out of Zope? Sounds like it is... that's definitely an indicator that the rewrite isn't working. From the snippet you posted, I can see why - all you did was turn the engine on, but you didn't give it any rules.

But here's the thing - I would have expected RewriteEngine to already be on in order for Apache to sit in front of Zope. Can you post the chunk of Apache config where it's wired up to serve the Zope content? If it's not a Rewrite thing, I'd guess it's a ProxyPass setup.

What sort of line am I looking for? I cant find any mention of zope in my apache.conf file nor did "/.fs" give me any results.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

deimos posted:

What filesystem? Samba plays much nicer with some FSes than others, XFS is one of the better ones IIRC, ext3 one of the worst.

Yea Ive noticed that, it seems that I cant access anything stored on a ext3 file system. I always get some error thats just a long string of numbers, but I can access my NTFS externals just fine.

So I guess I'll try XFS

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

I'm not really sure what to tell you, outside of my guess that the line isn't actually going to say anything about Zope but will instead have some sort of Rewrite or ProxyPass verbage to it.

The usual setup is that Zope listens on a higher non-standard port (like 9673 on one of my Debian systems), and then Apache sits on the standard HTTP port 80 and listens for requests. It redirects most of those requests via proxy to the Zope system listening on the non-standard port. You need to figure out this mechanism so that Apache can be told not to redirect certain requests (the ones for your webalizer stats).

It's also possible that Zope itself is serving the webpages and Apache has nothing to do with it. Do you not have access to the person who set this up in the first place? If you can find the zope.conf file for your site instance (likely somewhere under /etc), it may give some clues. If Zope is configured to listen on port 80, then it's doing all the web serving itself.

aha! It's located in the virtual host file:
code:
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/zroot
	RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} 137\.18\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3} [OR]
	RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} 143\.(228|231)\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}
        RewriteRule ^/zroot(.*) http://127.0.0.1:1080/VirtualHostBase/https/[/url]%{HTTP_HOST}:443
/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_zroot$1 [L,P]

rugbert fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 3, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

Ok good... well you may have already done this, but now that you know where the rules are, go back to my previous post with my rewrite examples and see if you can adopt those for your situation. At least you'll be able to test now and see some results...

Got it, thanks! I started reading up on rewrite stuff and about had it when I saw your post. Whats that [L] switch do?.

also - Got the .htaccess so Im all square.

rugbert fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 5, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Hey Alowishus, have any suggestions for adding search functionality behind zope?

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
Our clients want a search feature on their web page and our web guy is out for a while. So now Im in charge of website maintenance too :\ I was thinking of just telling them to use the Google Enterprise search app.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
actually we cant use web crawlers so Im gunna have to do some back end stuff, could you point me into the right direction?

huh htdig looks promising.

rugbert fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 27, 2008

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

You're going to need to define a Catalog and some Indexes... some of those may exist in your site, you may just have to figure out how to query them.

Docs here in the Zope book.

the zope site is retarded. the server we inherited doesnt have zcatalog installed. But I cant find a link to download it anywhere, ive searched all over their CVS to no avail.

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

Zuh?? I won't argue that the Zope site is somewhat retarded, but ZCatalog is a fundamental piece of the base Zope distribution... any Zope 2.x tarball will have it, and the only way a server wouldn't have it installed is if someone purposely removed it... and at that point I'm not sure Zope would even start.

Were you expecting some sort of external utility? It should just be available as an object in the "Select type to add..." dropdown in the ZMI.

oh ... i read some page that goes the installation and assumed I had to install it. :\

well thanks tho!

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you

Alowishus posted:

zope

Hey thanks for the Zope help, I couldnt get the search up because of some permission issues where it wouldnt let me search for object and the company that set it up is no more but Im still trying!

I ran df and noticed that /var isn't being backed up and I'm not sure why. Heres the code I put into the crontab:
code:
/bin/tar cpzf /backupmnt/full/sat/backup.tgz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found
 --exclude=/backupmnt --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/sys /
edit - I think its because the /var/cache/apache2/mod_desk folder is always in flux so Ill add that as an exclude.

rugbert fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 23, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rugbert
Mar 26, 2003
yea, fuck you
What kind of compression rate does tar have?

Im trying to figure out whats going on with my backup scripts. df shows that the file system is about 9.3 gigs but my backups are only running about 3 gigs.