Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Hmm, something isn't working right for me with openSUSE and Windows. I've got an extended partition with two NTFS logical partitions and SUSE stuck itself where I wanted it, after those partitions in its own formatting. I wasn't sure how well that'd work but it installed and started up just fine. Everything was working fine with GRUB loading my system until I ran YaST and it updated everything. The boot partition is in hda7 or (hd0,6) as GRUB would call it. Now when I try to start SUSE, the root (hd0,6) works but the kernel command gives me an error 15: file not found. None of the linux options work. The chainloading with Windows stills works fine, though.

I actually had this happen once and then reformatted those logical partitions and reinstalled SUSE, only to have the same thing happen again after using YaST. Is this just a matter of the kernel name changing or something or is the idea of using an extended partition with different types of file systems in its logical partitions really, really dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Chain Chomp posted:

Hmm, something isn't working right for me with openSUSE and Windows. I've got an extended partition with two NTFS logical partitions and SUSE stuck itself where I wanted it, after those partitions in its own formatting. I wasn't sure how well that'd work but it installed and started up just fine. Everything was working fine with GRUB loading my system until I ran YaST and it updated everything. The boot partition is in hda7 or (hd0,6) as GRUB would call it. Now when I try to start SUSE, the root (hd0,6) works but the kernel command gives me an error 15: file not found. None of the linux options work. The chainloading with Windows stills works fine, though.

I actually had this happen once and then reformatted those logical partitions and reinstalled SUSE, only to have the same thing happen again after using YaST. Is this just a matter of the kernel name changing or something or is the idea of using an extended partition with different types of file systems in its logical partitions really, really dumb?

YaST was changing the version and I was too dumb to fix it before rebooting. :downs: Problem solved.