Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absorbs Quickly
Jan 6, 2005

And then the ArchAngel descended from heaven.

Christobevii3 posted:

I am interested in learning more about linux. I know the basics of installing it, compiling, etc etc. Basically I can run a desktop for my needs. I'm wanting to learn enough that I could be a systems administrator for a small company in linux.

What I want to know is what I should do for training and which certifications I should get and how to get experience.

Thank you

Start with a RHCT. Wither or not you're going to be a redhat admin they're industry standard at the moment, and most of the alternatives don't have certs save for Suse.
Where I work is going all opensuse for internal use, but despite that they want me to get a red hat cert not a suse cert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU