Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pangaea Ultima
Sep 7, 2005

Fun Shoe
While I like amarok, I find that it tends to not fully download my podcasts, usually cutting off the last five minutes or so for some reason. I've been looking for an alternate podcast fetcher, and I've tried hpodder and gpodder, but for some reason when I transfer podcasts downloaded with those programs, my ipod doesn't remember the track position (ie if I listen to another track, it begins the podcast at the very beginning). When I transfer podcasts downloaded by amarok to the device, track position is remembered, but even if I use amarok to transfer the podcasts downloaded by other clients, the position is not remembered. I see no option for either of these programs that would affect this, and I don't see any way to use amarok to manually set the "remember track position" option like you can in itunes. I've tried googling, reading documentation for these programs but I seem to be unable to find the answer. I assume I'm just not using the right phrase for "track position," but I'm kind of at my wit's end at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: Also: the podcasts are showing up in the "podcast" option on the ipod, just not remembering track position.

edit2: the magic phrase seems to be "remember playback position," but still no luck

Pangaea Ultima fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU