Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong
Is there anyway to disable this?
code:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host i
I understand the potential implications, I don't need a lesson on that. At work we have one main box that's exposed to the internet, and you can access the other machines through SSH by going through a specific port on the main machine that's just forwarded to 22 on another machine. However, if you've accessed one of the machines (let's say the main one), if you try and SSH into any of the others (with the specified port) you get this error message.

Essentially I'm writing a backup script for a machine that'll only rsync to those servers, and it needs to do it to two of them. I can't just delete the .ssh/known_hosts file, otherwise I'll get prompted which cannot happen, as it needs to be automated. Is there anyway I can disable/ignore this warning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong

mastahnke posted:

The better question is why are your hostkeys changing? If they change one on a rebuild, then I guess I understand, if your hostkeys are changing a lot, then you have other issues. (Or I guess you could be using DHCP).

Either way, you lose a critical layer of security by simply ignoring hostkeys.

<shamelessplug> http://www.amazon.com/Pro-OpenSSH-Michael-Stahnke/dp/1590594762>Buy my SSH BOOK! </shamelessplug>

All the hostkeys are the same, it's just that address.to.box1 is used to access ALL the other machines:
code:
ssh address.to.box1
ssh -p 2222 address.to.box1
Access two different machines. So for the same hostname, we're getting two different host keys. Isn't that normal behavior?

Saukkis posted:

You could try putting "StrictHostKeyChecking no" to the config file.

Thanks, that took care of it.