Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«230 »
Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I assume then that that is higher than cat6

As far as I am aware, Cat6 maxes out at 10Gbps, but I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Even USB 4 is maxing out at 40Gbps. 8K was a terrible idea.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

Hell Gem

qirex posted:

Even USB 4 is maxing out at 40Gbps. 8K was a terrible idea.

8k is kind of dumb, you have to be within like 2 feet of the screen to tell the difference between it and 4k.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!

Pillbug

Bum the Sad posted:

8k is kind of dumb, you have to be within like 2 feet of the screen to tell the difference between it and 4k.

That's what they said about HD-Ready and Full HD.

shortspecialbus
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

evobatman posted:

That's what they said about HD-Ready and Full HD.

They also said it about 4k and 1080p. They're right for a huge percentage of the customer base. I know countless people that used an old composite video cable to hook up their $mediasource to a new HD TV a while back who would rant and rave about how amazing and wonderful the picture quality was and how sharp and detailed. Plenty of other people misconfigure something and set their source to 720p and hoot and holler about it.

My parents wouldn't know the difference between 720p and 4k unless you made them start actively looking for differences, and even then they wouldn't give a flying gently caress. They would be fine with 480p.

Lots of people just don't notice or care about any of that even when it's pointed out.

For myself, I can tell the difference between 4k content and 1080p content on my 75" P-Series from my normal watching point which is about 6-8 feet away, but I have to put some effort into it if it's not an A/B test where I see one after the other.

«230 »