Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Pair of questions.

1) My current surround setup is quite dated and can't handle the video switching for my new HDTV. Amazon has a nice Onkyo receiver that will do the job wonderfully, but my current subwoofer has a proprietary connection to the current unit and the speakers are old, huge crap anyway. Any good deals on reasonable quality 5.1 (or 7.1, I guess) speaker sets? Small speakers that are easily wall mountable are a must.

2) It's long past time I hid the wires going back to my rear surround speakers. I intend to run them through the walls, but had an idea. Tragically, those little X10 camera makers are the only people I've seen that make this, but what if there was a wireless unit that took wire outputs from the receiver, sent those to another wireless device on AC power, and that second device had speaker outputs for the rear speakers? Aside from the X10 one that is likely poo poo quality, are there any of these around? If not, any advice on the wall stuff?

Many thanks, oh gurus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU