Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I'm trying to make movie nights at my son's school not be an a/v disaster.

The first problem is that the audio rack for the cafeteria is like 75' from where you would have the projector and there's no snake or any way to remotely interface with the mixer.
What are you playing the movie off of? Computer?

Because you can get a 1/8th to split XLR cable from Amazon for like $15. Toss 4 50' XLRs to it and you're set once you gaff it down.

Weird that they don't have a breakout panel somewhere near by though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Audio: 1/8" stereo out > small tower speaker > wireless lav mic hanging in front of it > PA

:stare:
Jesus loving christ. :barf:

Now that I think of it you probably could get away with 1/8 to 1/4 hooked into a wireless Dbox style instrument pickup if you wanted to be creative.

I think short of getting a portable PA system with a 1/8 input, cabling it will give you the least headaches.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The amps shouldn't be a million miles from the PA, at least not in a non-lovely install. If their DSP is in the same rack then a small mixer into that would achieve a far better result than that bullshit.
Yeah but it's a cafeteria/cafetorium. I can honestly believe the amp/rack is on one end and the hastily-installed-x-years-later projector would be on another end.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Those are amazing in a late 90s/early 2000s Millennial Futurist kind of way

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Actually, I got my mittens on a cardioid microphone and it didn't make any difference.
Hypercardioid is probably what you want.

Unless you can, like, get a shotgun mic and a table stand and point it at yourself. Or maybe a Cs1000s from AKG