Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
I'm in the market for a HTIB system. What I'm basically looking for is a system with just the receiver and the speakers (I use my PS3 as my DVD player, so I have no need for another one), that actually decodes an HDMI signal (not just passthrough).

The closest thing I found is the Onkyo HT-S894, but it's simply way too god drat expensive.

Is there something cheaper out there? Or am I going to have to wait it out? Or is there a cheaper solution by buying the receiver and the speakers seperately?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shroom Soup posted:

Whatup dogz.
I'm back especially for this forum.
You can still find my speakerguide at http://shsc.info/Speakerguide and I guess I now have a reason to finish it.
But I think it's still useful for the basics.

Perhaps you can help me by expanding your recommendation section for HTIB's? :shobon:

pliable posted:

I'm in the market for a HTIB system. What I'm basically looking for is a system with just the receiver and the speakers (I use my PS3 as my DVD player, so I have no need for another one), that actually decodes an HDMI signal (not just passthrough).

The closest thing I found is the Onkyo HT-S894, but it's simply way too god drat expensive.

Is there something cheaper out there? Or am I going to have to wait it out? Or is there a cheaper solution by buying the receiver and the speakers seperately?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

To add a couple more details, I'm mostly going to be watching movies with this, but using them for music would be a nice bonus. Which I guess is why I've decided to go with an HTIB. But yeah, again, any help is appreciated!

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I got me pops the “JBL Bar 300W 2.1-Channel Sound System (2019 Model)” to be a precise pedant rear end, and while it sounds hella nice and has good bass and everything, I seem to get audio lag with almost every streaming app. He’s got a Roku Streaming Stick 4K outputting to a 1080p TV. HBO, Netflix, all have horrible delay. One exception so far, suspiciously enough, is the Roku Channel :magemage::magemage:. The JBL bar has a sound delay function, but I cannot for the life of me sync it up. Anyone have any further advice to mitigate the issue? Thank you much as always ❤️❤️