Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What cables can I buy to replace the orange-black-green speaker cables from my Logitech speakers? I can't find anything at Logitech and nothing at monoprice either. drat cat chewed them a bit and there is no sound out the left side. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is it possible to use the switch below for multiple HDMI inputs that output whatever audio is coming in via optical? And of course get the video on the tv (I know it'll do this at least - just concenred about audio).

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557&seq=1&format=2

My receiver only has 1 optical input (the 2nd one broke and wont hold the cable). I have a PS4, cable box and WDTV box to spit out video.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

KillHour posted:

The optical is output, so yes, it will split off the audio coming in from the selected HDMI and deliver it to your receiver.

What receiver do you have?

I have a Sony STR K900.

The store I went to didn't have those models in but had a optical hub, still just as good. Only one cord out to my receiver and everything else is plugged into it. Altho I still need multiple HDMI cords but it's one trade off for another.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Are the M-Audio AV 40 speakers still looked at in high regard? I've had mine for 10 years now and don't really have too much issue with em. Just curious.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am looking at getting a headphone amp as my AKG K240's seem they need a boost when I pop them into M-Audio AV 40's.

I was drawn to the Schitt Magni Heresy but was wondering how you actually hook this up? I checked the PDF instructions but it wasn't very clear to my pea brain. Right now the speakers are connected by regular speaker cord then there's a cord from them to my computer.

https://www.schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/magni%203plus%20and%20heresy%20manual%201_1.pdf

There's the PDF instrucitons. Basically, wondering which cables go where into this.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Source is my computer.