Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marman1209
Jun 14, 2005
NonSequar got me this account for no damned reason.
What's the cheapest possible way to go toslink to RCA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marman1209
Jun 14, 2005
I’m attempting to use two amps, an integrated and a A/V receiver, with one pair of speakers due to room constraints. Has anyone ever set something like this up before?

Aiming to maintain the convenience of being able to turn everything on/off via my Apple TV, but use the integrated for the turntable since it’s an all around better amp/phono stage.

I found something from Niles (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006HOFR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EyTVEbXV1NBYQ) that can switch inputs into one pair of speakers, but this thing looks like an afterthought, spring clamps and all.

Marman1209
Jun 14, 2005
No real pre-out other than a ‘zone 2.’ It’s a Denon x2100w. I have a NAD PP2e plugged into it currently and the sound is fine, just a bit boring.

The integrated is a Sony 1120A which is why I’m trying to avoid having to flip it on every time we want to watch tv.

I might have to do plan B and jam a second set of speakers in there.