Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

torsloke posted:

I think they should do a crossover episode with Mike Rowe as Sig Hansen's bait boy and call it "Deadliest Dirty Catch Job".

He already did a crab fishing episode, only he prefaced it by saying he's not crazy enough to get onto a boat out there, so he went to Maryland instead.

I guess they could always get that Hazard Pay guy to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Martytoof posted:

I thought they were hilarious on the ship and I would easily watch thirty minutes to an hour a week of those guys just shooting the poo poo in Rome or Tokyo.
This is why I love those "After The Catch" specials they run after each season of Deadliest Catch. It's just Mike and all the captains plus various special guests sitting in a dark room drinking beer and talking about fishing. I find it way more entertaining than the actual show.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

muscles like this? posted:

Ha, I didn't even notice those at first.

Have they explained what is up with Adam's superhero body armor? I've noticed him and Jamie have used it in a couple episodes but I've never seen them introduce it.

He explained it at some conference or convention I forget the name of, but it's literally movie-accurate Dark Knight replica armor that Adam bought for fun. apparently it's strong stuff.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

PostNouveau posted:

A couple of scientists are saying Discovery lied to them to get them to appear on their fake-rear end documentaries and then edited their interviews in a misleading manner.

http://io9.com/shark-week-lied-to-scientists-to-get-them-to-appear-in-1619280737

Does this not cross into libel at some point? I know there's a ton of editing and a certain amount of misrepresentation in any sort of thing like this, but they are straight up making it look like this scientist believes in crazy voodoo sharks. This seems damaging enough to his reputation that the scientist would have a case.

• Locked thread